Recent Discussions

Discussion List

• If I pay a bill at the end of the month and the vendor cashes it at the beginning of the next month. If I check reviewed when doing reconciliations and the date is say 1/28/19 it does not seem to do anything. I have to change the date of the payment to the same month example 2/2/19 as the vendor cashed it to have the reconciliation work correctly,…
    LC1047 15 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD March 29, 2019 2:08PMAccounting Technical Support
  • How do I delete a g/l account that I created. The account has no activity.
    melissa18 11 views 2 comments Most recent by melissa18 March 29, 2019 1:23PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hello, I got a vacation rental agency, let me explain a few important things on how it works. We have several channels like Airbnb etc. that we use to promote and rent our properties. One of these is also our own website. We get payments either one or two installments that appear in our bank statements in different time depending the contract we…
    Giroin 92 views 1 comment Most recent by troympapa March 29, 2019 3:48AMUsing Wave
  • Hi, when i selecting Accounting and then Transactions to edit a purchase invoice, i enter the Vendor, select Category, then below you can select Customer and next to it, it says Sales Tax, what amount do you enter there, amount of Tax PAID or Amount of TAX CHARGED to client? Please advise, i`m confused. Thanks
    Atishj 46 views 1 comment Most recent by troympapa March 29, 2019 3:37AMAccounting Technical Support
  • (Image) Handling business expenses with a personal bank accountIt’s a good idea to keep your business and personal finances separate, but every once in a while you might happen to make a business purchase with a personal bank account. If you need to account fo... Read the full story here
    System Closed 12.1K views 52 comments Most recent by JamieD March 28, 2019 9:23PMHelp Center Discussion
  • Hi, I noticed that an accountant directory became unavailable and only a forum is available while Wave Pro link has been replaced by Wave+ that only provides access to accountants that are described to be employees of Wave. Is Wave becoming an accounting company or is Wave merely discontinuing accounting service marketplace? It seems like Wave i…
    oij39fa0hawo3irh 35 views 3 comments Most recent by CFO_Hire March 28, 2019 8:52PMWave Features
  • I think there should be a way to register non paid invoices which never won't be paid so they are out of the list definitely. Is there a way that I cannot find? How do you do it in this case? Many thanks!
    Wordsellery 330 views 5 comments Most recent by Andra March 28, 2019 8:16PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Sales->Customers The resulting list is really hard to quickly sort through because the contact name and business name are forced into a column that looks to be only about 6 characters or 1" wide. I currently see only 2 customer contacts on my screen because the text forces the rows to continue to take up screen space. It's really helpful…
    czyadgrl 21 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD March 28, 2019 4:20PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • I have a debit card and have ba k up payments to me. What can I do to get my money?
    Dinitria 12 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD March 27, 2019 7:12PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • I don’t know how to account for a difference between cash received and the invoice amount. I invoiced my client an amount to pay, because it’s a wire transfer from another country, the actual amount is reduced by a bank charge. When I record the cash received against the invoice, there’s still an outstanding balance on the invoice. I’m not sure ho…
    ADBS 15 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL March 27, 2019 5:14PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • I need to record money taken out of my s corp by a shareholder. Is the debit side of the entry to "Owner investment/drawings" or "Owner equity"? Thanks for your help!
    melissa18 225 views 16 comments Most recent by Mikeg March 27, 2019 3:34PMAccounting Technical Support
  • I'm currently exporting data to a csv file and importing the "accounting.csv" into Google Sheets. I've registered a token and successfully queried data through GraphQL, so as more functionality becomes available I would like to query the transaction data. Likewise, I have tested the Wave Connect add-on and I am open to using this metho…
    CharlesV 110 views 4 comments Most recent by JamieD March 27, 2019 3:05PMAPI & Integrations Feature Ideas
  • Normally payments out of my business checking account to a personal credit card (both linked to wave) are automatically imported and recorded as a transfer. But some months back this changed and they are since being recorded as 'uncategorized expenses' on the business checking side and as 'credit card payments' on the personal side. How can I cor…
    C_Money 45 views 11 comments Most recent by JamieD March 27, 2019 2:43PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi Rahim I saw that there was a few discussions on delivery notes not part of Wave. It is also crucial for our business and we really consider moving to Wave as our accounting system. A delivery note, should be really easy … just as you convert an estimate to an invoice, I think you could convert an invoice to a delivery note as well. The major d…
    Bernice 192 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD March 27, 2019 2:13PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • Hello, I have one customer and in the same time he is my vendor, I need report which can give me the balance example: i have to pay him USD 2000, and he has to pay me USD 2200 I need report with the details and give me Balance USD 200
    waelaridi 89 views 4 comments Most recent by waelaridi March 27, 2019 7:43AMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • Expense Account question: As a medical provider, I pay many different "fees" for my practice: ie; clearinghouse for electronic claims filing, online fax has a monthly fee, cloud services (dropbox, evernote, one drive), backup of patient database has monthly fee. How should I categorize these? It's not a "software fee" b/c I don…
    Annette17 13 views 2 comments Most recent by Annette17 March 27, 2019 5:05AM
  • Is it possible to get a report of all sales bifurcated by products?
    amey 1.5K views 34 comments Most recent by springforthfarmnc March 27, 2019 4:23AMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • I am unsure whether I'm missing something...but I think the Profit and Loss statement should not include advanced corporate tax payment under operating expense. The system should exclude tax payment to show the actual profit (Profit before tax) for calculating tax and then show the Net Profit (Profit after tax), the way it is reported to the tax a…
    Englicist 34 views 2 comments Most recent by Mikeg March 27, 2019 2:41AMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • I connected my personal bank account, and immediately realized this was a mistake. Now I can not either unconnect it or remove it. In another discussion it is suggested to look for it in the chart of accounts, but this bank is not showing there, nor have I found any other discussion about this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Las_Brisas1 29 views 2 comments Most recent by Las_Brisas1 March 27, 2019 12:07AMAccounting Technical Support
  • Im getting connection error msg, for the last 3-4weeks while trying to connect to my HSBC Australia CC. Tried reinstalling Card no go. Tried to upload a statement but also no go as they come in PDF (protected) format. I read somewhere on here that Wave may be able to except Excel SS format? I have PDF conversion software but not to CSV format. Ple…
    Dave_Howard72 12 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL March 26, 2019 8:50PMAPI & Integrations
  • Hey how’s it going. I’m new to wave. Very excited and happy that I signed up. I’ve just completed my 1st job and sent out an invoice. I received an email saying I just got paid, which is great! Just wondering how do I transfer the funds to my bank account ???
    Timlamb85 213 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL March 26, 2019 7:48PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Is this posible in WAVE? how can i do that?
    JapiNysi_82 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Charlotte March 26, 2019 7:19PMAccounting Technical Support
  • I've taken over the accounting for our Scout group and am having some trouble when it comes to categorising invoice payments. Once I see the payment for an invoice in the bank I can then record a payment in Wave and all goes well. When I go into the transaction in Wave the category is listed Invoice #XXX | Payment from Payee. I can change the c…
    Travis 23 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL March 26, 2019 7:13PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • mwdmwd
    Hi created a new Wave Login. Since I am traveling, I am in Asia and the default currency set is the Asian currency, probably based on my IP Address at the time of creating the new account. I went into settings to change the currency to USD as my business is US based. It would not allow me to do that. How do I now change currency to USD please? …
    mwd 38 views 4 comments Most recent by mwd March 26, 2019 5:20PM
  • Hi, Newbie here, I've found out how to assign multiple transactions to expense accounts etc but I need to create a transfer of multiple transactions to a loan account. Ive found how to do this manually one by one. Is there a way to do multiple transactions in one operation. Thanks
    Ian_B 11 views 2 comments Most recent by AlexL March 26, 2019 4:22PMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • Hi everyone, I'm new to Wave after ditching Quickbooks. My accountant is very familiar with Quickbooks. I added my accountant as an editor on my account, and he was able to create a profile. However, he says he cannot see my data in the Reports area. Has anyone successfully collaborated with an Accountant and can give me some info about what an ad…
    emily_t 16 views 4 comments Most recent by AlexL March 26, 2019 3:20PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Help anyone... i think I made a mistake when uploading statements to wave and all the debits have come out as credits. How do i reverse?
    Zeezee 12 views 3 comments Most recent by Mikeg March 26, 2019 12:23PMAccounting Technical Support
  • ATSATS
    Hi! We are hoping to receive some much-needed assistance from a Wave Pro/Wave Experienced Accountant in Australia. We are a small Not-For-Profit animal rescue and education organisation and have recently been victims of an accountancy scam. We are hoping for a Wave Pro accountant to perhaps donate a little bit of time helping us fix our system up…
    ATS 52 views 1 comment Most recent by ClaireWryghtAccounts March 26, 2019 7:34AMFind a Wave Pro
  • I am a retired Chartered Accountant helping a Rotary Club keep its Waveapps books in order. I assist the treasurer with certain transactions, review the transactions, ledgers and reports for inaccuracies etc. What I want to know is where can I find a comprehensive basic User Manual for Waveapps? Is thee such a thing or is there a site where I can…
    RayOdc1945 33 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL March 25, 2019 9:20PMUsing Wave
  • Is there a way in the existing platform to create customer groups? So that I can easily see all the customers in that one group, rather than having to look through the full list?
    KelAsp 48 views 3 comments Most recent by KelAsp March 25, 2019 9:15PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas