Recent Discussions

Discussion List

• When I create new accounts and also change the name of an existing account, the Income Statement is not showing the accounts in any sensible order. However when I view the Chart Of Accounts, the accounts are listed alphabetically within each accounting category (e.g. within Expenses, Accounting Fees comes first, Vehicles comes last). Is there a …
    shawian 337 views 8 comments Most recent by Ryan_W December 4, 2018 3:23PMAccounting
  • I have a problem regarding pre paid expenses.As an example if I received a bill worth $250 but I have paid $300 So in the bills they have shown $-50 and again I have received a bill from the same vendor but the accured expense won't a jest with the pre paid expenses. So could you please give me an answer for this
    Hidy 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Hidy December 4, 2018 10:02AMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • How do I process a purchase receipt that is a refund? I uploaded the receipt and I try to put in a negative value for the refund, but I get an error when trying to save or post to accounting. Looks like I can only put in positive values. Please help
    Gotlight 31 views 2 comments Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 9:05PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi, I am new to the community, however I have been moving some of my client over to Wave, can you add a pro badge to my profile? Thanks
    streamlineacc 42 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 8:44PMPro Network Listings
  • Hi guys Just an idea for future developments - it would be great to have a text formatting facility for the Notes section in invoices and estimates. Some customers need things in bold and underlined! Cheers Chris
    Chris_SHCC1 11 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 8:39PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • Hi All :-) I am a newbie on the Wave Community Could I pls ask for assistance. Client paid me $ 1000 which I invoiced and sent him a receipt. Now I am refunding him the $ 1000 How do I process the refund ? Thank you in advance
    JayshreeSawant001 32 views 3 comments Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 8:25PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hello, This may because I am fairly new to Wave's accounting software but something very interesting is happening. I linked a Credit Card to the Wave app because that's what is used for all business expenses other than expenses that need to be drafted from a checking account. When the expenses come through, I categorize them as appropriate (Inco…
    BFSolutions87 11 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 6:39PMAccounting
  • I am new to WAVE, very new. I have used Quick books for years and I want to simplify things so that is why I started WAVE accounting. I need to assign the value of our fixed assets that are on our books now in WAVE. I have them entered but I can't figure out how to put the value to them.
    BC_58 179 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 5:41PMAccounting
  • when i convert an estimate to invoice, the notes set to apply on new invoices are not applied. i have different notes as for estimate and invoicing . am i doing something wrong
    Dibbo 11 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 5:18PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hello I'm the Treasurer for a school PTA, so using the free version of Wave. Nothing particularly complicated and I've been using it for a couple of months and have a basic handle on it, but I don't see how I can add a .pdf to a transaction (i.e. a receipt and other documents linked to the transaction from the bank reconciliation) like you can in…
    IainM 31 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 5:12PMAccounting
  • I've done a search and can't find any questions or answers that come close to what I am looking for, so here goes. I am a maker and I just set up formal business and accounting structures for my work this year. As of right now, I am only recording material costs as an expense and product sales as income. My sales volume and product variety doesn…
    ohiobliss 73 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD December 3, 2018 4:52PMAccounting
  • Hello. As a charity, we have to treat some of our funds as restricted. How do you do this in Wave?
    aeolai 2 views 2 comments Most recent by aeolai December 3, 2018 8:27AMAccounting
  • Hi Is there any chance the drop down box on the Settings > Invoice Customisation page can match what you can manually select on an invoice when creating one? The lowest is 15 days in settings but on an invoice it has more options, I for one don't fall into any of those default amounts, I'd like 7 days like I can choose on an invoice itself man…
    icecorp 11 views 2 comments Most recent by icecorp December 2, 2018 9:15PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • I need to bill /invoice my customers for a Marine Park Fee that must not reflect in my sales revenue, as this is paid over direct to the National Marine Park fee. I don't want to issue 1 Wave invoice and 1 hand-written "Marine Park Fee" invoice if possible. Does anyone know if it's possible to have a "product" that can be invo…
    AdyvdP 1 view 0 comments Started by AdyvdP December 2, 2018 5:49AM Sales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Can someone assist on how to change primary email. I could only see "add new email" Thanks and best to you all
    hnajee 67 views 2 comments Most recent by hnajee December 1, 2018 5:42AM
  • Hi there, I'm wondering if there's a way of easily switching the business name/company logo on invoices other than just removing logo and uploading a new one? Sometimes I want to invoice as myself (freelancer) and sometimes under another business. I can't seem to see an easy way of switching who the invoice is coming from though. Thanks
    evansgaz 24 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD November 30, 2018 8:52PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi THere, Is there any way to send a e-mail message, (perhaps a promo or discount offering) to all the customers I have on wave within wave? by sending just 1 mail?
    Rodney 11 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD November 30, 2018 6:40PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • Hello. My name is Diyor and I'm new to business accounting. I imported goods and received an invoice from customs broker including GST for the goods purchased. In order to record it properly, should I create entries that reflect separately the services of a customs broker and GST and GST for Goods as a separate entry? Please kindly advise what wou…
    Diyor 32 views 3 comments Most recent by Diyor November 30, 2018 6:13PMAccounting
  • Help, please. I have two accounts one in CAD and another in EURO. I made a purchase of EURO from CAD acc and debited EURO acc. After that, I paid to the supplier in EURO and did customs clearance in CAD. Obviously, I have an exchange rate difference as well. Please kindly advise how to record these transactions. Thank you in advance, Diyor
    Diyor 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Diyor November 30, 2018 6:08PMAccounting
  • Hi When I export reports they do not open. How can I print my records?
    Farmer 52 views 8 comments Most recent by JamieD November 30, 2018 4:14PM
  • My credits/payments are showing under my debit tab and the debits under the credits tab when i look in account transactions. Has any one else had this issue and how did you rectify? Thanks!
    studiob_246 23 views 6 comments Most recent by JamieD November 30, 2018 4:12PMAccounting
  • Hello! This seems like a basic question but I haven't found any suggestions or solutions anywhere...I put every expense on my credit card each month, then pay it off in full each month. I don't want my credit card purchases to be their own expense category and therefore have each expense 'counted' twice. For example, I buy a stapler with the credi…
    terri 32 views 0 comments Started by terri November 30, 2018 3:30AM Accounting Technical Support
  • Hi I am new to Wave. I run a small cafe as a sole trader. I have imported my bank statements to Wave which is great BUT I also would to input my daily sales totals. My obvious issue is that if I add in my daily sales totals I will be doubling up on some of the payments eg card payments and cash paid into the account. Is there a way of recordin…
    gingerfox 32 views 1 comment Most recent by Erik November 29, 2018 5:33PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • I am from South Africa and now live in Ecuador. Anyone nearby
    Wave_Pro_Ecuador 23 views 1 comment Most recent by BevBen_61 November 29, 2018 7:09AMLocal Groups
  • Hi I'm new to Wave and would like to offer my services on a part time basis to business's or accountants needing an extra remote hand. I can be contacted via email at [email protected] where we can setup a communication via phone or Skype or WhatsApp. In this way I would be able to send my CV for more information about my expertise and ex…
    BevBen_61 12 views 0 comments Started by BevBen_61 November 29, 2018 7:07AM Find a Wave Pro
  • Hello everyone. Im basically trying to log in an item that I receive in a bill from my vendor with one price, and then log in the same item in an invoice to a customer with another price. I tried selecting the option to buy and sell the same item, but when I change the price, it changes the price in both the sale and buy accounts. I need to show t…
    Conciege 23 views 0 comments Started by Conciege November 29, 2018 2:16AM Sales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi there! I own several properties and I employ a property manager. The PM collects the rent, they take their percentage and then cut me a check for the rest. My question is how do/should I track that in the WavesApp? Since the app is linked to my bank, the transaction is good but not sure how I should add PM Fees. Example: Rent: $500 PM: $5…
    UpInThisJoynt 176 views 5 comments Most recent by UpInThisJoynt November 29, 2018 2:13AMAccounting
  • I temporarily disabled electronic payments, removing the option from the invoices. I recently reinstated this but the new invoices are not reflecting the option. I have created a new invoice and duplicated an older one to no avail. I have also selected to make option available on previous invoices button. Advice on how to correct this?
    FyreRayne 12 views 4 comments Most recent by FyreRayne November 28, 2018 9:35PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi, I record all my invoice from the supplier I use in Bills. But I often end up receiving refunds from them for returned goods. I create a new transaction ("Add Income") and categorize it under "Refund received for a bill in wave" and select the correct bill the credit is associated with. When I go back to the original bill th…
    Babs 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Erik November 28, 2018 8:47PMAccounting