Recent Discussions

Discussion List

• I am new to Wave and I am wondering if there is an option to upload old invoices that were created before using Wave software? If not, it would be nice if there was the option to create your own invoice, upload it to Wave and send reminders, etc. through Wave. This would also allow people the flexibility to create their own invoices how they need …
    roxis2clvr 200 views 9 comments Most recent by JordanD October 15, 2019 7:51PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • Several minutes ago, after sending a receipt to a client, I discovered that a note I added in the Memo/notes field of the Record a Payment form is included on the receipt! I'd always assumed whatever was entered in that field could be seen by me only. After submitting the form and clicking "Send a Receipt", had I not checked the "Se…
    abajan 48 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 15, 2019 7:10PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • When I choose "export to PDF" for an Estimate, or "send to Email", I've noticed the columns are resized and the font is slightly increased, particularly on item details. This generally pushes to two pages, often orphaning the footer or notes, an Estimate that as originally viewed(or printed) fits nicely on one page. Is there a…
    jetthrusteramerica 58 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 15, 2019 6:31PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Is there a limit to the number of receipts I can input? I just inputted a receipt, but it does not show up. I took a picture and filled in the details and pushed the check mark. There are 11 receipts on the android app so far.
    izoo 32 views 2 comments Most recent by AlexL October 15, 2019 6:06PMMobile Technical Support
  • There seems to be a bug. When I go to Reports/Account Balances, it shows a -5000 Account Payable, but when I click to see all the details of Account Payable, everything is in order, it's balanced out and it's zero... how can I fix that?
    Tomi 110 views 2 comments Most recent by AlexL October 15, 2019 5:53PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi, Feature request: allow the upload and storage of the IRS form W9 when creating an Invoice. In my industry a W9 is always required along with the Invoice. When sending an invoice in Wave, if there was a way to include a W9 with an Invoice it would make it much easier to use the invoicing features in Wave and not have to download a PDF invoic…
    TLCINC_18 199 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 15, 2019 5:36PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • I am collaborating on a business using wave. I would prefer to not have to select the business everytime I open the wave portal because by default it uses "Personal" as the primary and I can't set a collaborator business as my primary even though I have admin permissions. I don't the use personal section in wave so its a nuissance to hav…
    Branch 29 views 3 comments Most recent by Branch October 15, 2019 11:40AM
  • I'm very new to Wave. I have a debtor whereby I use their charge card most months for business expenses for my two businesses, and for personal expenses. The debtor invoices me and sends a monthly statement and the payments fall due 20th of the month following. When I charge my account I might go into a store, purchase multiple items on the sam…
    NotAnAccountant 20 views 2 comments Most recent by NotAnAccountant October 15, 2019 8:32AMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hello all! I need help with how to account for an insurance reimbursement. I made a sale and the item was damaged in shipping. I refunded the customer and filed a USPS insurance claim. How do I account for the loss and reimbursement? I haven't written off the invoice yet. Thank you
    SmDavis 7 views 1 comment Most recent by Mikeg October 14, 2019 8:35PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi there, I recieved my first credit card payment the other day and noticed that a transaction was credited immediately under the Account "Payments by Wave". That Account appears under the heading "Money in Transit. That makes sense because it has to be process via Stripe first before hitting the bank account. When it did come int…
    rainwlilds 396 views 13 comments Most recent by marike October 14, 2019 4:18PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Upon the payment of an invoice it gives me the option to send the client a receipt. Is there a way to customize the default text (sampled below)? I know I can customize invoices and estimates, but can't seem to find anything on this. I know I can edit this text before I send it, but I'm hoping there's a solution to change it by default for all …
    KatyRogersArt 272 views 4 comments Most recent by JamieD October 14, 2019 2:42PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hello! When I started using wave, the invoice total I would get on the invoice editing page and the final draft page were the same. Now, the totals are not. On the draft page, there is a total, and then on the final draft there is a different total. How do I fix this problem? I do not want my customers to think I am messing with prices! Thank you…
    MasHelp 22 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD October 14, 2019 1:26PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi, has anyone experienced this problem? I just logged on and all my previously sent invoices are gone and unsent drafts.
    Shosh 30 views 11 comments Most recent by JamieD October 14, 2019 1:21PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • (Image) where's is the ENDING BALANCE that you can enter the value manually on any date you want and the DIFFERENCE view which could help you find what transaction you didn't key-in yet? It is no where to be found on the new system https://next.waveapps.com because until now I can still access the accounting system via https://accounting.waveapp…
    arora 22 views 6 comments Most recent by arora October 13, 2019 2:17AMAccounting Technical Support
  • Example: I have a new $5000 camera that is depreciating on Wave over a 5 year asset life. In year 2 it is dropped in the river and therefore becomes a total write-off. I dont understand what journal entries I need to do in Wave to terminate the depreciation and remove the asset from the account. Any ideas gratefully received.
    Trunxson 265 views 1 comment Most recent by Mikeg October 12, 2019 11:43AMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi, I'm new to accounting but an old hand at SQL and data wrangling. I've just entered a years worth of my own business most of which are expenses; I've just a few sales. I've go one sale where i used Square another sale using paypal and yet another cash. The paypal is integrated and in the system. Square I have to hand enter. Do I do that under t…
    jarthda 56 views 1 comment Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 9:45PMGeneral Discussion
  • Before upgrading, I can print out the foreign exchange report but now after upgrade I could not find the report, any idea how?
    xueqi1017 6 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 11, 2019 9:34PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Could someone please help me setup the option of having a pdf copy of each invoice sent to my personal email as well as the clients? When I first used wave this option worked and for some reason it’s not working anymore. Both on Mobile app and website. Thanks in advance.
    Dr_Nienhuis 8 views 2 comments Most recent by Dr_Nienhuis October 11, 2019 9:19PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • I'm trying to switch my accepted currency from CAD to USD but I can't figure out the best way to do this using Wave. My current set up * Wave account is set up in CAD (I live in Canada) * Clients are invoiced through Wave Invoices in CAD or USD depending on where they live * Clients pay with CC using Wave Payments * Clients can technically also …
    helent 54 views 1 comment Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 8:28PM
  • I own an event management business and I want to use Wave in a way that I will know the expenses versus income for each event I run. At the moment I am adding each new event as an account and recording both the payment from the client and the expenses associated with the event under this account. However I noticed that the account is actually fall…
    inthedetaileventsuae 61 views 3 comments Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 7:57PMUsing Wave
  • Hello, i buy and sell heavy equipment, sometimes i buy on my own, sometimes we partner 50/50 with friend. when i make a purchase i post it as inventory under assets, since its not expense. how do i go about posting the 50% i receive for the partnership on the machine? also currently I'm posting expenses done on machines as cost of goods sold unde…
    babu 404 views 6 comments Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 7:46PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hello I have multiple startup business setup on Wave. I would like to invite a partner in one of them so we can share the workload for invoicing and cost estimations. As far as I can tell new users will have access across all business but with restricted privileges. Is this correct? Am I missing something? Ravi
    Ravi 39 views 1 comment Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 7:22PM
  • Hi, My Paypal integration has disappeared from the integration section. It was there up to last month when I did my monthly book keeping. (all that is showing is google sheets, Shoeboxed and Etsy) I have 2 separate accounts and my other account, Paypal integration is there and working fine. I emailed support but yet to receive a reply. This is get…
    DGUK 121 views 4 comments Most recent by EmmaP October 11, 2019 6:20PMAPI & Integrations Technical Support
  • Hello, In order to see the profit I make with each client, I need to see the expenses I have related to a particular invoice. How can I link them and see this? thanks a lot in advance
    wysp 9 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 11, 2019 5:09PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi I'm looking for some advice on how to allocate the purchase of assets e.g PPE within the transactions. So, I have uploaded my bank statement and I'm now going through each transaction to allocate the income / expenditure. I have various payments to my solicitor regarding the purchase of a property, however I'm not sure how to categorise this as…
    Salena 27 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 11, 2019 4:40PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi there, I work for a small charity organization. We have recently made the switch to Wave and need some help navigating this as a Charity organization. If this is a niche for you please contact me. We're in the Toronto area and would prefer meeting in person with a Consultant + our Bookkeeper. We could do online too though.
    Maxine 14 views 0 comments Started by Maxine October 11, 2019 2:48PM Find a Wave Pro
  • Hi Wavers! Does anyone have experience with uploading the CSV statements from PayPal into Wave? I'm trying to wrap my head around how to format this right. Which columns am I supposed to remove? Also will I be able to handle the PayPal fees on there?
    Ellie_Writes_Things 828 views 8 comments Most recent by Treasure October 11, 2019 2:22AMAPI & Integrations Technical Support
  • I have to completely unwind a sale I did a couple weeks ago. Do I delete the original? Do I create a new negative dollar amount invoice? What about the associated transaction expenses (cost of goods sold, etc)? I could really use some guidance here.
    motorambler 90 views 1 comment Most recent by JamieD October 10, 2019 11:35PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Is there a way to add tipping option to invoices?
    Jazzi 10 views 3 comments Most recent by AlexL October 10, 2019 9:42PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • H_JH_J
    Hi! I've just joined Wave and I have admin status, but I don't have a 'Sales' option in my menu so I can't get at the invoices section! All options are ticked for me on the owner's site - we've checked. What do I need to do to get at sales? All help gratefully received!! Thanks...
    H_J 35 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL October 10, 2019 9:39PMUsing Wave