Welcome to 186 new Wavers for the week of June 25th 2018

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

Happy Monday, everyone!

Welcome to 186 new Wavers this week! We’re so excited to be working with you and we can’t wait to learn more about you and your business.

@cliffbiz, @ttdvm, @The_Coach, @PeteCodes, @NGVJordan, @JoJ, @ingzthingz, @MINTANDHONEYEVENTCO, @MTMM, @kafedmanggis, @zikbly, @Renae, @kevpola, @ria901, @Andriy, @Cheri, @Adeel, @SamuelCakes, @djflorian, @sugeesha, @thomasfox2018, @Sayeed, @Sunstar, @Alexiers, @mitchfx, @mkhanna, @joey, @brad, @Donwhale, @annoyed, @Danny, @Daniels, @joulesthecat, @kurtthemaker, @Liela, @Arvin, @JayDev758, @NICTM8750, @DanniiB, @Mishqua, @beat, @apprintable, @BuSol, @apercu, @EquiSport, @IdaOtt8626, @Hesam, @angel4thewin, @jessika26, @halifaxopera, @LaVon, @MMaynard, @spire, @PP1, @Tmoney, @Idris, @agfarmasol, @SwissWave, @Kallimadesign, @BeingJasonChong, @Reece, @Hari, @yanita, @edgica, @Louis, @Sheng, @clgentolia, @rahulk, @JarodDeGuzman, @aayushgarg11, @CBMC, @NeoSentra, @2CasaElegante, @kbenford, @merinoammie, @Suvas07, @New_Me_2, @SLCL01, @giuliano1, @Bellatrix, @KP1, @marbella, @pachatulum, @kiribiss, @dclark, @nuramylin_9430, @db77771982, @SusanR, @RitasTees, @trent3815, @David_la, @ricky, @evelyntong, @SRAOA, @Katie, @iceleong88, @LiezelLieb, @ROBIN, @AlanSChin, @PJandCompanyLLC, @OEEmb, @pjagg, @andybarnett, @jessemeyer, @mrahel, @pmk856, @hynes_1988, @SarahM, @Catwoman, @kgoedecke, @SallyM, @qb1234, @mccaugm, @AimeeBusinessLane, @Wulf, @ShariqIsak, @rvtdiver, @RJWSolutions, @d_noome, @Ginestre, @Ruddle, @andycheong, @anilkumar957, @Elaine, @LagoFinancial

If you’re up for it, please post an introduction below. If you’ve joined our Community before this week, feel free to jump in with your intro as well. :)

If you are experiencing technical issues or you have a question about how to use Wave please post in this category.

Join us here for a discussion of future features and brainstorming.

Let's start with an icebreaker question:

What's something you hope to accomplish before the end of this year? We're halfway through!

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Introductions

Comments

• SamuelCakesSamuelCakes Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the welcome. My name is Samuel Ibrahim, a cake maker based in Lagos, Nigeria. I am so grateful for finding Wave online. Through a client of mine, I found all the awesomeness you guys offer for free - a great boon I must say. Thanks to Wave, I can look forward to the coming months full of possibilities. So cool.

• KallimadesignKallimadesign Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the welcome :) !! I'm Kate, a brand and web consultant from South Africa. I've owned Kallima Design since 2009. If you'd like to check out more here's my insta: https://www.instagram.com/kallimadesign/

Wave is a lifesaver! I've told so many clients about it, they love it too!

• cliffbizcliffbiz Member Posts: 9

Thanks for the welcome I am James from Kenya. Manufacturer of personal care products. Learnt about wave from Google search on best cloud accounting apps. I always like to work with two different applications one a desktop the other cloud..this enables me to spot any variances. I had settled for QuickBooks and Sage 50 but wanted a cloud option that's free and elegant. In the process I stumbled upon wave accounting and again also learnt about GNU cash. Wave is great and will be better I'm betting on it. My brief experience with GNU cash wasn't good it really forced the double entry concept far too much..and when you deal with many products and customers and have to open all those ledgers that's a whole days work when instead you should be looking for new markets and focusing on sales. I hope wave brings the concept of individual items and products and workflow dash board in the future. Thanks for the welcome @Charlotte I'm greatful.

• DannyDanny Member Posts: 6

GameRoom Essentials is a party venue in South Australia. We have been using MYOB for years but the price keeps increasing. Trying out Wave to see if it meets our requirements. We have received 2 payments via credit card already from only 2 invoices issues. Both were paid in under 10 minutes!

There are some problems with the software as it is US based and does not conform to Australia standards like date format or tax.

We will see as time progresses.

Danny.

• rickyricky Member Posts: 2

Thanks for welcoming us, Charlotte. I found wave as a result of a Google search that provided a comparison report by Captera. I am recently retired and setting up my MSSP company. IImpressive that Wave customers can get acces to such a great product with NO charge to us !

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Welcome to the community!

What do I want to accomplish before the end of the year... I want to finish redecorating my apartment. I also have a small writing project I'd like to finish up, polish and publish before 2018 is over. I'm not sure what else. 2018 very much has been a go-with-the-flow kind of year for me. We'll see what else happens, I'm eager to find out!

• rvtdiverrvtdiver Member Posts: 2

It is really cool to hear about small businesses all around the world!! I'm also grateful to have found Wave, it is great that they offer so much for free! I am a retired Veterinary Technician starting a dog walking business in Raleigh North Carolina, USA. My goal for this year is to earn the money back that it took to set up the business ;)

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

@rvtdiver love it! I used to work as a dog walker when I was in school - the exercise and the company both made it a very enjoyable profession. :) What's your favourite breed?

• rvtdiverrvtdiver Member Posts: 2

Hi Charlotte, I love them all but I am fond of the squish face breeds :)