Attach PDF invoice to a Bill

idealdesignsidealdesigns Member Posts: 2
Hello

Basically I want to record expenses of let's say a yearly hosting plan I bought which I can deduct from my tax as busieness related expense.

In waveapps I create a Bill but with the bill I want to attach a PDF invoice from the hosting company, if a tax Audit happens I will provide the original invoice PDF and other related files, would be cool to embed attachments to a Bill

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,117 admin

Hi @idealdesigns. This is a great feature request here -- I definitely appreciate you taking the time to let us know how it would benefit you as well. With that said, we do not have any plans to allow for the option of adding an attachment in the bills section just yet, however, we could implement this on a future roadmap.

• QuickbooksQuickbooks Member Posts: 2

This is a great feature. Quickbook and even slickpie uses it. It helps me keep track of even checks that I have been paid so I can have a visual of it instead of paper.

• JeremyPhelpsJeremyPhelps Member Posts: 1

I'd love this feature too. I use it a lot within Quickbooks.

• AmandaKAmandaK Administrator Posts: 70 admin

@Quickbooks @JeremyPhelps appreciate you chiming in and letting us know you're both interested in this feature - this is super helpful for our product teams!

• ShawnMcleanShawnMclean Member Posts: 4

I'm also pinging this thread to request this.

• JordanDJordanD Administrator, Moderator Posts: 338 admin

@ShawnMclean Thanks for leaving your +1 for this feature idea I'm curious if you'd be able to explain how this would change your workflow in Wave and why it might be an essential feature for us to consider? Leaving this level of detail will help our Product Team when they are considering what will be added to the Product Roadmap :)

• ShawnMcleanShawnMclean Member Posts: 4
    When I receive an invoice via email, I'd like to attach it to a bill so auditing is much easier.

I don't have much stake in waves anymore though, I've moved to QuickBooks the past week. The lack of this feature was the final push along with a few other requests that have been suggested for years now.
  • HendertechHendertech Member Posts: 1

We would also find this feature request very helpful. Thanks for the consideration.

• dricklesdrickles Member Posts: 1

This feature would be incredibly useful as well. @JordanD, since we are required to keep invoices and receipts as verification/justification of any deducted payment in the event we are audited. It seems a crucial thing that if we are electronically cataloging receipts for record-keeping, we should also be able to do so for bill-driven invoices. You allow it for small receipts, why not for what are generally the bigger ones?

edited November 5, 2019
  • JamrJamr Member Posts: 21

I make a receipt of the invoice so both the bill and the paid receipt appear in the transaction section as the same amount, then merge that receipt with the bill and can see them both together in one transaction.
    But I do agree, an invoice would be better attached to a bill, paid or not than a transaction already paid.

• 2CasaElegante2CasaElegante Member Posts: 6

In order to attach a receipt to a transaction which is downloaded from my bank account, i have scanned in the receipt and added it as another entry in my bank account and then I merge the 2 transactions.
    Am I doubling the transaction amount when I do this?
    Do I need to enter the expense with the receipt as a zero dollar amount?

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 553 admin

hey @2CasaElegante

When a receipt and bank imported transaction are merged, the amounts are merged into one.

Check out your account transactions report for extra confirmation.