Email verification not received

MartynBMartynB Member Posts: 4

Hi. I have a number of aliases for my main email address e.g. "[email protected]", "[email protected]" etc. I have successfully added and verified my main email address and one of the aliases ([email protected]), however, I am not receiving the verification email for another of the aliases ([email protected]). It is not a problem with junk/spam filtering. Any advice?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @MartynB.

Are you still having this issue? Have you tried removing that email and adding again? I know you say that it isn't a filtering issue, but we still need to check, just in case. Can you try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your contact list or white list and resending that verification email?

Let me know if that helps!

• MartynBMartynB Member Posts: 4

Hi Alexia

Sorry, I've been busy with other things recently.

Yes, I'm still having the issue and it is not a problem with spam/filtering. I'm actually having a number of issues around emails:

1. I am still not receiving a verification email from the email alias "[email protected]"
    2. Invoice reminders are only sent from the primary email, even though I may be logged in to Wave using another email.
    3. When sending an invoice, if I select the option to send a copy to my mailbox, I do not receive the copy (even though the invoice is successfully sent to the customer).

Could these issues be related? Database issues, perhaps?

Hi, @MartynB.

I think I found the problem for the [email protected] email. I reactivated it on our end. It looks like the first verification email bounced back to us and our email service provider marked the email address as inactive. Try resending the activation email now and it should go through.

Wave will only send emails to the primary email on your account. The other email addresses you can use to log in, but Wave will only send notices of payments and so on to your primary email address. If you'd rather those emails be sent elsewhere, you'll have to either change your primary email or set up a forwarding rule from your end. Could you give a bit more information on how you would prefer it to work and how that would help you in your day-to-day? It'll give us a better idea of how this feature could help you and other Wavers.

From what I can see here, you are receiving copies of your invoices, but I'm seeing them sent between two different invoices. If this is still happening, I'm more than happy to help you test it out. Let me know if this continues going on and we'll discuss it further through private messages.

• clo_rotukuclo_rotuku Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone. I seem to have the same problems here verification & copy to email did not receive. Can you help me to solve this issue? :)

Hi Alexia.

Sorry, I've been busy again!

The email verification has been successful. Thanks.

I don't receive a copy of the invoice email if I attach the invoice as a pdf.

I've now changed my primary email address to "[email protected]" which gives me a workaround. I'm not sure I understand you correctly, though, when you say that Wave will only send emails and notifications from the primary email account. This is not the case. Wave allows the user to select which email address an invoice is sent from. I expect the same functionality when sending an invoice reminder. Or at least to have the reminder sent from the email account that the user has logged in with.

I hope that I've explained myself clearly.

Martyn

Hi, @clo_rotuku and @MartynB.

@clo_rotuku, I reactivated everything on my end, can you try sending yourself the verification email once more?

@MartynB, busy is good if you ask me! Always better than bored! You should be able to receive invoices even when you do attach a PDF, you just have to check both checkboxes before hitting that "Send" button. I tested it out with my own account just now and it seems to work fine. Can you test it out again with a mock invoice and make sure you check both the "send to self" box and the "Send a copy as PDF" box?

You're right on the invoices. Wave will set those emails as the primary email by default, but reminders and receipts are always sent from the primary address. It's fair feedback to say that you'd expect the same amount of control here, however. I'll forward that to the team!

Hi Alexia

I am now receiving copies of a sent invoice (I was already ticking both options) to the email address that you reactivated. I haven't tried it with other email addresses, but I'm happy with it as it is just now.

Thanks for passing my comments re invoice reminders on to the development team.

Regards
    Martyn

Happy to hear that, @MartynB!

Let me know if it happens again and I'll do some digging to find out what happened.

• clo_rotukuclo_rotuku Member Posts: 3

Hi Alexia,

Thank you for the help and highly appreciated. It's working now. My apologies for the late reply. :smiley:

No problem at all, @clo_rotuku. I'm happy to hear everything is in order!

• ColoradosDColoradosD Member Posts: 1

I seem to have the same problems here verification & copy to email did not receive. Can you help me to solve this issue?

• SamstaSamsta Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I have the same problem where verification emails not being received. Can you help me to solve this issue? :)

• Zoe_caffZoe_caff Administrator Posts: 240 admin

Hey @Samsta, did you happen to check your Spam/Junk inboxes as well? Sometimes these emails can end up in there.

If you still don't see it, can you submit a ticket with us Here and our Support Team can definitely help you out! :smile: