Fiscal Year End doesn't work in reports

VinRVinR Member Posts: 5

Hi I changed the fiscal year end to June 30th and when you go to report for the firs time it takes the correct date duration from previous year to this year, (please check the attach images) but when we select different year or even the same year again it start and end dates change to Jan 01 to Dec 31st

edited January 11, 2019 in Accounting

Comments

• SakshiSakshi Administrator Posts: 5 admin

Hi @VinR , thanks for sharing this. I'll let my team know about this issue. If I understand correctly, you're trying to view the reports for the other fiscal years as per your saved settings?

• VinRVinR Member Posts: 5

Yes, there's a setting under Dates & Currency which allows you to set the Fiscal ending month and date instead of December 31st, and in most countries it will be June 30th, so once I set this, and go to any report for the first time it works fine (for ex: if I go to current year 2019 and it then automatically takes July 2018 to current date as shown in the second image I've attached above, but then if I select a different year (say 2018), then it should show me the transaction between July 2017 to June 2018, instead it reverts back to to Jan 2019 to Dec 2018 (check the third image above), again if I select 2019 again it does the same (which is not correct)

• JamesWJamesW Member Posts: 11

Yes this is an issue - I'm due to submit my corporate tax return, and I'll need to go through the individual transactions from July 31st 2017 to July 31st 2018 in order to rebuild an accurate balance sheet that I can use to submit the figures to the relevant tax authorities. Can you please mark this as an urgent bug? (it pretty much renders the software useless for companies that have an end date other than December 31st)

edited February 8, 2019
  • alcalc Member Posts: 1

I got the same issue as @Sakshi

• MitchellGillespieMitchellGillespie Administrator Posts: 17 admin

@alc, @JamesW, @VinR ....

Thank you all for your feedback. We have logged this bug for our accounting team to fix in the next month or two.

@JamesW There is a work around for you to satisfy your immediate need. If you open the 'Date Range' dropdown, you can use the 'Custom' date range to produce the report for your fiscal year.

• realizerealize Member Posts: 1

I can set a custom date range for Profit and Loss statements. It's a pain to have to do that again and again even after I set my year end date in settings.

edited February 17, 2019