How to add unit of Measure in an Invoice

cwinfredcwinfred Member Posts: 1

Hi, my business sells items that comes in different units of measures. Is there any way I can add a column in the Invoice fr this. TIA

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi @cwinfred,

There's no way to currently add a column like this in Wave, but there's a few ways you handle this, depending on the need of your business.

If you exclusively deal in one unit of measure, you can change the wording on the invoice for the "Quantity" column, to for example "Quantity (kg)". You can do this by clicking on Settings, at the bottom of the menu on the left, and going to Invoice Customization.

If you use different units of measure for different items, you could write the unit in the item's description, so that it would look something like this:

Beef jerky - Spicy teriyaki flavour (quantity in kg) - 0.25 - Price

• colorsongcolorsong Member Posts: 1

why don't you add this function, I'm pretty sure people like this and are happy to pay for it. We use different UOM and it may make people confused without UOM.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @colorsong.

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that this feature would be useful to some of our Wavers, but as we explain here, most Wavers operate businesses that offer services, rather than products. Because we try to build features that benefit as many Wavers as possible, it's unlikely that we'll build a feature like this one in the near future.

That isn't to say it will never be considered, however. Feedback from our users does have an important impact on how we decide what to build next for Wave.

• GreenpointGreenpoint Member Posts: 2

Our business offers design and editorial services, however we always include unit prices in our quotes and invoices (e.g. per photo, per icon, per infographic, per typeset page). This is demanded by most of our clients as it helps them compare costs among various vendors and estimate the impact of scope changes.

edited February 6, 2019
  • RahimRahim Administrator Posts: 90 admin

One suggestion would be to edit the column to say "Price per unit" so that it is clear throughout the invoice. In the description or invoice title you could add unit of measure information so it's standardized across your invoice.

If implemented as a separate field, where would you expect to configure this and how would it display on an invoice? Do you have any examples you can share so I can review with my team?