Recurring Invoice Due Date

fidofido Member Posts: 7

Is there any way I can set my recurring invoice date to something between invoice date and 7 days? I invoice weekly for the following week, but want this to be 5 days. I seem to be only able to change this once the invoice is created - which means I can't set it to automatically send, which I want to have happen!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi @fido! Currently, it's only possible to set the payment due date for recurring invoices at the intervals you are seeing. You can set up a specific date for invoices created manually, or change the due date of a specific instance of your recurring invoice after it was created.

• fidofido Member Posts: 7

Thanks Alexia. I thought that was the case, though unfortunately that means manually modifying and manually sending each invoice, which adds up to a bit of extra workload.

• dansx6dansx6 Member Posts: 2

Why are the options for payment due date different for single invoices and recurring invoices? I would like to make the payment due date consistent but I get different intervals for each type of invoice.

• RahimRahim Administrator Posts: 90 admin

Hi @fido Thanks for explaining this. We had created some of the most common due date intervals people were using but I can see the need for you to set the interval yourself.

@dansx6 The same pre-sets exist for Recurring invoices and single invoices, however, as Fido mentioned, we don't have more granular intervals to select. What interval were you looking for but couldn't find?

Thanks,

Rahim

• dansx6dansx6 Member Posts: 2

Rahim
    When I go into settings to set up my default invoice template I have these due date options-on receipt, 15, 30, 45, 60 and 90 days. The options for recurring invoices are on receipt, 7, 14, 30, 45, 60, or 90 days. I really would like to make the default invoice due date 7 days, same as what I am going to use for recurring invoices.

edited January 10, 2019
  • fidofido Member Posts: 7
    @Rahim, my comment was from nearly a year ago!
    Yes, would still be nice to set the due date to any interval. It causes confusion for clients when their invoice shows due now (on receipt) for the next week before I've completed services this week. At the same time I want payment before I provide services, so due in 7 days is too late.
  • HeadroomHeadroom Member Posts: 6

Similar question but I would like to make date payable as fixed for 1st of month on recurring invoices. Obviously I could do this by dating the invoice for 7 days before but not all months have same number of days.

• RahimRahim Administrator Posts: 90 admin

@Headroom

Thanks for the feedback. Are your recurring invoices created on the first of the month as well? In that case, you can use due on receipt as the due date.

Thanks for the additional feedback on this thread!

• HeadroomHeadroom Member Posts: 6

@Rahim

Thanks, I have seen the Due on Receipt option however I would like to give clients a reminder before the date, say 7 days. It is in their contract due on 1st and yes a workaround currently would be to date the invoice on the 23rd but of course this would not always be accurate. I am just being fussy I guess but an Invoice Due specific date option does not seem so bad an idea?

• Tony_2470Tony_2470 Member Posts: 1

I would like to send invoice out on the 17th of each month and due on the first of each month, why is this so difficult to set up. Our contract states payment due on the first of each month. How can I sent it ahead of due date and always have my due date on the 1st.

• amandakamandak Administrator Posts: 40 admin

@Headroom - Love your proposed workaround, but also understand that having the option to set a specific due date rather than select from preset date ranges would be ideal for you. While I can't make any promises, our product team is definitely aware this is something our users are asking for and we really appreciate your ongoing feedback!

@Tony_2470 - At this time, we only offer default payment terms for our recurring invoices of on receipt or within 7, 14, 30, 45, 60, or 90 days. You can manually edit an invoice's due date to be the 1st of the month once it's been been created, but I understand you're likely looking for a more automated solution. If you have any flexibility in your dates, I would recommend changing your invoice date to the 18th and setting your payment terms to within 14 days so that in months with 31 days, your due date should land exactly on the 1st.