Deleting old products

MehranMehran Member Posts: 6

Hi,

In the list of my products, I have items that I don't sell any more but since I have old invoices in which I have sold the mentioned items, I cannot delete the products. I'm talking about like 30 items that each time I want to add a new line to my invoice, I have scroll before I can get to the one product I am looking for. Does anyone know if there's a way to "hide" old products so they won't get in my way when creating an invoice?

Regards,
Mehran

Tagged:

Comments

• MikewaveMikewave Member Posts: 3

I too require this feature, I do not want to lose the item from already paid invoices to delete the item. It would be good if the item could be moved to a 'Decommissioned Stock' folder. Can this be implemented?

• SamdSamd Administrator Posts: 560 admin

Hey @Mehran and @Mikewave, I can see why the lack of this feature can be really frustrating. I'm going to pass along this feedback now to our Product Team for consideration!

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭

@Samd said:
    Hey @Mehran and @Mikewave, I can see why the lack of this feature can be really frustrating. I'm going to pass along this feedback now to our Product Team for consideration!

Its better to give a button with the name Hide in "Product and Services" so that it will not be displayed in item selection in Invoice.

As per me deletion of any master is not recommended

• JesgilJesgil Member Posts: 1
    Are you looking for a delete item feature? I require the same and cannot figure out how to do it
  • MikewaveMikewave Member Posts: 3

@Samd Thanks very much seems this is becoming more requested. Even a Hide function as @UHRP3 suggested. Something so it doesn't turn up in the product list anymore as a service / product. Thanks mate.

• MehranMehran Member Posts: 6

Personally, I believe the best approach to implement this is to have one radio button per item that you can flip to hide the item from showing to be added in an invoice or flip it back to show it again. I'm a software engineer myself and I know this is the easiest way to implement this (I'm not claiming it's the best - that needs requirement analysis which I don't have).

edited December 10, 2018
  • TorkrenchTorkrench Member Posts: 5

I too would like a hide item...as Wave has no inventory support- besides the 100's of requests...Since I cant do anything with these items except bog things down & have to constantly search & scroll- Id LOVE the ability to mark my top 5 items as "Favorites" & "Hide" the ones I no longer use. Instead its far easier to maintain a separate database & just invoice "Parts" or "Labor" with some specifics in the description fields. Please @Wave either implement inventory management (like square?) or aloow us to hide inactive items. Thanks!

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 485 admin

Hey @Torkrench

Thanks for reaching out about this. Unfortunately we don't have any guarantees of this coming down the pipeline at the moment. We are seeing an update coming to the current invoicing system, however not sure this is on our product roadmap. Apologies for this. Have a great weekend!

• DevinDevin Member Posts: 5

I'd love to see an archive feature that can be implemented across the board and offer us a way of easily switching between current listing vs. archive only vs. full list including archive. For example, Gmail's "Inbox" vs "All Mail". Use tags/labels to mark an item as archive with an option to easily show all items again.

Great suggestions by @Torkrench regarding favourites however I'd like recommend adding in an option to let user specify the number of favourites to show (e.g. 5, 10, 15, etc.)

Examples to archive:
    1) customers and vendors - especially those that are one time
    2) products and services - discontinued line items
    3) estimates and quotes - archive all except for the last 6 months
    4) invoices

• Andrew_SAndrew_S Member Posts: 0
    Hi all,

I want to delete a few old items I won’t be using again. I can’t seem to do this in the mobile invoicing app. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
  • ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 193 admin

Hey @Andrew_S! At present, we don't actually have the ability for the mobile app to delete products. With that said, if you have invoices that are related to those products, you would need to either delete those invoices or remove that particular from each of those invoices in order to delete the product. We have this in place so that there is a consistent trail for sold items, and so invoicing can remain intact.