[Beta release] Transaction page redesign

Jeff_BJeff_B Administrator Posts: 2 admin

Hi Wavers,

As we teased in this post back in April, our update to the transactions page to make it faster, more intuitive, and responsive across your devices is almost here!

We’ve updated the Transactions page based on your feedback and what you need to make managing your business faster and easier. For those of you who have been with us since the old version of Wave’s accounting (and thank you so much), we listened to your feedback around what you loved about the original transactions page. This update will synthesize the ease and simplicity of in-line edits from our old version with the updates and improvements of our new version.

With responsive designs we are excited to give you more control of your bookkeeping with whichever device you choose.

We’re releasing a beta design to a select group of users, and will be looking to add even more users to the beta test as we add more features. If this is something you’d be interested in, or if you have feedback after getting a chance to try out the beta, we’d love to hear from you below!

Right now, the New Transactions page beta has some limited functionality, and does not yet include all the functionality on the regular transactions page. We will continue to work to add these features, as well as some new features to simplify your accounting further. We wanted to ensure Wavers get a chance to play around with this update in its early stages so that we can continuously improve and update our products to fit your needs. For this reason, Wavers participating in the beta will be able to toggle back and forth between both versions seamlessly. Any edits, additions, or deletions of transactions will appear in both beta and the regular transaction page.

Features currently available in beta

• Fully responsive design across mobile and desktop
  • In-line editing of transactions
  • Sorting and filtering
  • Income, expense, and journal entry creation
  • Transaction detail panel for journal entries

Features coming soon to beta

• Adding and editing sales tax on transactions
  • Adding customer and/or vendors to transactions
  • Bulk categorization
  • Merging/unmerging transactions

Stay tuned to this post as well because we will be announcing new features here as they are added!

We hope you find this update as exciting as we do, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

edited July 16, 2020 in Accounting Release Updates

Comments

• betafreakbetafreak Member Posts: 1

Would love to try out the beta!

• AutomatedAccountingAutomatedAccounting Member Posts: 3

Would love to be a part of the beta group

• David_MarkDavid_Mark Member Posts: 2

Happy to try the beta.

• kganttkgantt Member Posts: 3

I would like to try the beta please!

• couchfrancoiscouchfrancois Member Posts: 1

Beta beta beta please!! And I'm guessing there are some wonderful endpoints that you've created for these transactions. I'd love to be able to view transactions before I start throwing in the eBay Managed Payment transactions I'm pulling from the eBay API.

• neverStopLearningneverStopLearning Member Posts: 2

I can't wait for this feature to come. I am so glad I made the switch to Wave. It has some roughs points but It is light years ahead of many accounting software. Not to be impatient but is there an expected release date anytime soon?