[Beta release] Transaction page redesign

Jeff_BJeff_B Administrator Posts: 2 admin

Hi Wavers,

As we teased in this post back in April, our update to the transactions page to make it faster, more intuitive, and responsive across your devices is almost here!

We’ve updated the Transactions page based on your feedback and what you need to make managing your business faster and easier. For those of you who have been with us since the old version of Wave’s accounting (and thank you so much), we listened to your feedback around what you loved about the original transactions page. This update will synthesize the ease and simplicity of in-line edits from our old version with the updates and improvements of our new version.

With responsive designs we are excited to give you more control of your bookkeeping with whichever device you choose.

We’re releasing a beta design to a select group of users, and will be looking to add even more users to the beta test as we add more features. If this is something you’d be interested in, or if you have feedback after getting a chance to try out the beta, we’d love to hear from you below!

Right now, the New Transactions page beta has some limited functionality, and does not yet include all the functionality on the regular transactions page. We will continue to work to add these features, as well as some new features to simplify your accounting further. We wanted to ensure Wavers get a chance to play around with this update in its early stages so that we can continuously improve and update our products to fit your needs. For this reason, Wavers participating in the beta will be able to toggle back and forth between both versions seamlessly. Any edits, additions, or deletions of transactions will appear in both beta and the regular transaction page.

Features currently available in beta

• Fully responsive design across mobile and desktop
  • In-line editing of transactions
  • Sorting and filtering
  • Income, expense, and journal entry creation
  • Transaction detail panel for journal entries
  • New: adding customers to transactions

Features coming soon to beta

• Adding and editing sales tax on transactions
  • Adding vendors to transactions
  • Bulk categorization
  • Merging/unmerging transactions

Stay tuned to this post as well because we will be announcing new features here as they are added!

We hope you find this update as exciting as we do, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

edited November 9, 2020 in Accounting Release Updates

Comments

• betafreakbetafreak Member Posts: 1

Would love to try out the beta!

• AutomatedAccountingAutomatedAccounting Member Posts: 3

Would love to be a part of the beta group

• David_MarkDavid_Mark Member Posts: 2

Happy to try the beta.

• kganttkgantt Member Posts: 3

I would like to try the beta please!

• couchfrancoiscouchfrancois Member Posts: 1

Beta beta beta please!! And I'm guessing there are some wonderful endpoints that you've created for these transactions. I'd love to be able to view transactions before I start throwing in the eBay Managed Payment transactions I'm pulling from the eBay API.

• neverStopLearningneverStopLearning Member Posts: 3

I can't wait for this feature to come. I am so glad I made the switch to Wave. It has some roughs points but It is light years ahead of many accounting software. Not to be impatient but is there an expected release date anytime soon?

• CalliePCallieP Administrator Posts: 439 admin

Hi @neverStopLearning , thanks so much for your wonderful feedback! We're so glad you're with us :) Right now we don't have a firm ETA for the beta to launch more widely, as we're navigating the results of the initial beta launch still - but if it becomes available to you, you will be able to see it as an option in Accounting > Transactions. The full transactions page rewrite release is one of our top priorities, and the team is working on it as we speak! Once that is accomplished, we'll broadcast it far and wide.

• neverStopLearningneverStopLearning Member Posts: 3

@CallieP Okay, thank you so much for the update! I didn't even think it was possible to be even more excited about this upcoming change! This update will be such a game changer. Thank you and the team so much for putting so much time and effort into this amazing software. Thank you thank you thank you!

• RonyRony Member Posts: 7
    I would love to use this beta version
  • kwhitekwhite Member Posts: 5

Hi there, I'd like to try the beta please

• TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

@Jeff_B

can we please have a more flexible statement for clients where we can select the clients we want to generate statements for. For example, if i want to generate a statement for management or for clients who have different branches, i can't generate one comprehensive statement for them, i would have to do multiple one statement with all the stores.

• BarsinBarsin Administrator Posts: 2,030 admin

Hey there @Jeff_B

Thanks for your feature idea in our community. At this point Wave's customer statement page is only able to be attributed to a single customer which you create in your customers section.

We appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through archived tickets looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• alighthealighthe Member Posts: 1

@Jeff_B Does the beta already include the "More control over foreign exchange transactions" feature that allows one overrule the default exchange rate conversion?

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 2,166 admin

Hi @alighthe , the Beta release does not yet include this feature but we're hoping that we can add it at some point in the future!

edited September 28, 2020
  • CarlvzCarlvz Member Posts: 2

Here's hoping that the new interface will separate out the "Payee" and the "Description" fields!!!