How can I send a Purchase Order to a supplier

Martina_CommsMartina_Comms Member Posts: 5

I buy items from a supplier and sell them with mark up to my client. How do I record these items, and send my purchase order to the supplier.

Also - is there a way then, of just adding the items to my invoice, where I can then mark them up?

Many thanks all...

If I can do this I will be so happy. Its a great platform.

Tagged:

Comments

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 1,535 admin

Hey there @Martina_Comms

I would check out our inventory tracking help center article on how to do this! It should give you a good walk through on how to keep track of your inventory being marked up.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-How-to-track-inventory-in-Wave

• JamrJamr Member Posts: 28

I would also like to know how to send a purchase order to a vendor or supplier. The article referenced lectures on how to send a "Bill" to a vendor. The is different from a purchase order. In fact most of my vendors only accept a document labeled "Purchase Order" and nothing else. A document labelled "Bill" will not work making that article referenced, useless.

edited July 14, 2020
  • Martina_CommsMartina_Comms Member Posts: 5

Maybe Bill is a US term, and they don't use Purchase Orders. Think this is a US platform.

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 1,535 admin

Hey there @Jamr @Martina_Comms

Wave doesn't presently have a way to send purchase orders at this time. Check out the thread I linked for more information on this and thanks for your post in our community!

That thread is closed.

Why not just give us the ability to change the name of a bill like you give us the ability to change the name of estimates. This sounds like an easy fix and one that can be implemented immediately to satisfy many peoples requirements.

We would also need a way to email or print the PO.
    That would be great and it would show you really are listening to your customers instead of the typical "We have no road map for this feature"
    Thank you.

edited July 18, 2020
  • Martina_CommsMartina_Comms Member Posts: 5

I have to agree with you J Miller.