Pausing recurring invoices

Steve MyersSteve Myers Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to pause recurring invoices? We have customers currently on a weekly recurring payment via Paypal and when they are going to be out of town we can suspend the payment until they are back. Is there a way do to this in Wave's recurring invoices?

So far the only option I've found is to end the recurring invoice and then re-enter the invoice data again when I want to restart it. I assume there is an easier way that I'm not seeing. Otherwise, I will have to stick with Paypal.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Administrator Posts: 647 admin

Hey Steve! There's no 'pause' option but you can choose to end a schedule of recurring invoices and then duplicate it to start it again. You won't need to reenter the invoice details.

• Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 7

Just stumbled on the same problem myself. I see that I can duplicate it. But now I have a dead recurring test invoice that I can't delete.

I also really dislike that I can't delete the test recurring invoice. (If there's a reason for that maybe you could create a "test" invoice mode?)

It'd be a lot easier to just be able to start and stop them. Having to duplicate and reconfirm everything takes significantly longer and requires several steps. It seems to be a needless waste of time.

Maybe something for the future?