Rearrange Items in Estimates

chrisPchrisP Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to rearrange items within Estimates? I see the option for Invoices but not for Estimates. It's really frustrating having to remove items and add them back just to have everything in my preferred order.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi @chrisP.

Unfortunately, it isn't currently possible to move items on an estimate. I do empathize with your frustration on the matter.

You can move things around after transforming an estimate into an invoice, however. There has been a lot of talk on improving estimates on the Wave Features category. If you'd like to add your voice to that, I recommend that you do.

• SteppStepp Member Posts: 2

Any movement on this? It is a basic need that should be addressed. Plus you can do it in an invoice, but not in an estimate?

• adamleeschwartzadamleeschwartz Member Posts: 1

Agreed - this is an absolute must.

• smithiealum01smithiealum01 Member Posts: 2

Hi chrisP: I've been looking for how to rearrange line items in an invoice and your post said that you've found the option to do that in invoices. I can't seem to find that option. Could you tell me how to do that or tell me where I can find the explanation? Thanks! Rebecca

• alexlewiszarkosalexlewiszarkos Administrator Posts: 65 admin

Hi @smithiealum01 . If you see the rectangular shaped dots that appear to the left of an invoice item, you can click that and drag it to a different position to change the order of your items.

• Ally_rauDesignAlly_rauDesign Member Posts: 4

It seems this has not been fixed, is that right?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 448 admin

@Ally_rauDesign It's still not possible to rearrange line items on the Estimates section itself (although possible on the Invoice section). This could be something that is implemented in the near future, but to be completely transparent, it's not on our immediate radar (we are looking improving different parts of the software such as reconciliation, moving transactions, etc). I appreciate your patience with us here and hope to have something rolled out for improvements on the Estimates page in the future.