Delete Recurring Invoices

frankuirogafrankuiroga Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone, how can I Recurring Invoices, I do not see the option

Comments

• OrionsBeltsOrionsBelts Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

you can't actually delete a recurring invoice. you have to end it. it's one of the options if you click the arrow to the right of the recurring invoice. it'll still be stored, but it won't be active and won't send anything out.

• altrosaltros Member Posts: 5

If never used delete is really logical requirement please

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @altros.

It isn't possible to delete recurring invoices. They can be ended, which will archive them and prevent them from sending any new invoices but never completely removed. You can always edit old recurring invoice drafts to better suit your needs.

• SusanReuSusanReu Member Posts: 2

I have a recurring invoice that I would like to delete. Since that option is not offered, I would like to "end" it. However, the option to "end" is grayed out so I cannot even do that. Please tell me now to get the "end" option to be available so I can use it. This is ridiculous. Thank you.

• SusanReuSusanReu Member Posts: 2

I apologize if my comment seems disrespectful. I was frustrated. Thank you.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @SusanReu,

That's a fair reason to be frustrated, there's no need to apologize. I'd love to help. Could you share a screenshot of your recurring invoices page, with any personal information on it obscured? It'll give me a better idea of what the issue might be.

Is that recurring invoice active? Only active recurring invoices can be ended, so that would explain the issue you're running into. You can get around this by setting the date of the first invoice sometime in the future, activating it and then ending it immediately.

• ThomasDalyThomasDaly Member Posts: 11

@Alexia I too am frustrated by the inability to delete recurring invoices. I started creating one but abandoned it when I realised there are no available scheduling options other than monthly. The attached screenshot shows the problem @SusanReu referred to. There are no options to either 'end' or delete the invoice.

• enlightened_FL1enlightened_FL1 Member Posts: 3

Please create the ability to delete recurring invoices! We will be moving away from Wave eventually without this function, as it crowds up our invoicing making it extremely unorganized. I would also appreciate the ability to restart an invoice without having to duplicate it, then keep the original and the new one in a long list. Please add this Wave!!!!!

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 260 admin

Hey there @enlightened_FL1
    Wave likes to follow guidelines for standard bookkeeping practices and with that being said, deleting your recurring invoices (or any invoice with a payment processed through it) is not in line with proper bookkeeping. An audit trail is necessary when a transaction occurs for the business owner. We appreciate you reaching out about this, and I apologize if you're frustrated by the lack of this feature.