Deleted Payroll - how to delete on Transaction page

bucy99bucy99 Member Posts: 1

On any given pay period, I may have one or more Deleted Payrolls due to last-minute modifications as I am processing. The deleted payroll journal entry always shows up on the Transaction page and prior to the upgrade, I would just delete the bad ones and Approve the correct one. Now when I try to delete, the error msg says "The selected transactions can't be modified in bulk."

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 1,175 admin

Hey @bucy99! That's definitely an odd one but I'd love to look into this further with you. Can you send a screenshot here of what you're seeing when you attempt to delete that transaction? Feel free to block out any sensitive information before posting here.

• egoego Member Posts: 2

hello any updates to this? i see the same thing happening. i deleted a payroll entry but the JE of the transaction is still there and can't be deleted.

• EmmaPEmmaP Administrator Posts: 639 admin

Hi @ego! Thanks for reaching out! When you run a Payroll in Wave a subsequent journal transaction is posted to your transactions page that is not able to be deleted. If you delete a Payroll, a corresponding 'reversal' journal transaction will be posted to balance out the original journal transaction. The reason they are not able to be deleted is because they act as a record of the Payroll run.

• CodeWellCodeWell Member Posts: 1

Hello @EmmaP, thank you for clarifying, would both the deleted and reversal transaction be removed when someone stop using your paid payroll services? if not is there another way of removing those transactions?