Legal issue about invoices

VirtualCedVirtualCed Member Posts: 3

Hi there, I found an issue that could be a legal problem.
I made a invoice to a customer. The customer paid it.
Then the customers moves his premises and ask me to change the details for the future. When I do the change, the previously made invoices have the the address. It's illegal to change an invoice already issued. If the customer ask me a duplicata of the previous invoice, the document I'll send to him will be illegal.
The only workaround is to create a new customer with the new address, but it's not a good solution as we can't see the full history of a customer in this case.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 425 admin

Hey @VirtualCed! Thanks for bringing this concern up. While I can't exactly speak to the legality of this matter, what I'm going to do is have a discussion with my teams around this. I hear where you're at. It sounds like this is a major concern for you. What I'd recommend doing, if a customer needs to change their address, would be to export a PDF of each of their previous invoices, so you have them if they request a duplicate.

• VirtualCedVirtualCed Member Posts: 3

Hi @ConnorM , this is actually what I did, but I think it should be an interesting feature to freeze already issue invoices. But thanks for the advice.