Which feature would be the most helpful if added as an invoice customization?

AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,364 admin

We've seen a lot of different requests in regards to adding new invoice customization options. Which of the following features would you find the most helpful when running your business?

If a feature isn't listed in the poll, feel free to add it in the comments below!

Which feature would be the most helpful if added as an invoice customization? 19 votes

User created templates
26%
amastenbrookstanderksenTahadagosoroRicie 5 votes
Additional columns
31%
Colleen_LionHeartrmaerovDoeValleyNarwani_Deepak55Mwynn13JollyGoodWeb 6 votes
Customizable reminders and receipts
15%
Insidergsa_ltd32PowerHouseConsulting 3 votes
Changing pre-existing field names (such as Invoice Number)
10%
UHRP3tobbe 2 votes
A field for customer signatures
15%
Nathan92piyushagarwalKL_Excavation27 3 votes

Comments

• gsa_ltd32gsa_ltd32 Member Posts: 1
    I think every one of these features would be of benefit to most people
    edited December 20, 2019
  • PowerHouseConsultingPowerHouseConsulting Member Posts: 1

Definitely everything mentioned in the poll is highly required.

• BrainstormingBrainstorming Member Posts: 1

I'd like to see the ability to add a percentage discount to individual invoice line items! I don't want to apply a discount to everything or to shipping or other hard costs, but would like to target specific items for a price reduction. Thanks for considering!

• PaigeCraftPaigeCraft Member Posts: 1
    1. Line item discounts and markups.
    2. "Add discount" and "Request a deposit" at the bottom in the subtotal and total area.

I feel like these are KEY features I'm missing with my switch from Freshbooks. I switched from Freshbooks to Wave due to the better bank syncing/accounting features, and now I'm finding the above things were very important to how I run my business.

Making it super easy for a client, by sending ONE invoice for a project that requires a deposit, to then reference back to and show prior payments when requesting the final payment is really important.

• RebelGraphicsRebelGraphics Member Posts: 1

Ability to add pics as attachments. I do graphic design and I'b nice to be able to add the design to the invoice so I can keep better track and the customer knows what they are paying for

• TahaTaha Member Posts: 2
    User created templates

Definitely everything mentioned in the poll

• Colleen_LionHeartColleen_LionHeart Member Posts: 5
    Additional columns

I'd really like to have a column for date. Everything I invoice for is a service, so I need to put what date the service was provided. Also, I'd like to attach receipts to invoices I send, so I they can see what goods they are reimbursing me for, that I purchased on my client's behalf.

• rmaerovrmaerov Member Posts: 2
    Additional columns

Agreed, a column for date would be super useful. Should be pretty easy to add this feature. Let's make it happen!

• DPena12DPena12 Member Posts: 3

Everything mentioned in the poll for sure. I love Wave but wish there was a bit more customizability. User created templates that offer more/less columns, signature space, changing line names at the top, however, I highly recommend a discount line after the subtotal and individual discount option that can be added to individual products/services. Also, would love to see a "partially paid" status for invoices and being able to view a customer without having to go into the "edit" feature.

• MikeKMikeK Member Posts: 1

Date column would be good, But what would be best is able to have custom column or two for us users. Example: I have a carpet cleaning company and there is no way I can look at what apartment unit I have serviced without pulling up the invoice. (Note: on the search invoice screen, the hover over an invoice feature would pop up some information but that works only for the top 2 invoices that are displayed on my screen, the 3rd and below - forget about it!

• Narwani_Deepak55Narwani_Deepak55 Member Posts: 1
    Additional columns

@AlexL said:
    We've seen a lot of different requests in regards to adding new invoice customization options. Which of the following features would you find the most helpful when running your business?

If a feature isn't listed in the poll, feel free to add it in the comments below!

Customer Tax number and Salesperson Name

• Mwynn13Mwynn13 Member Posts: 1
    Additional columns

Would love to be able to add additional columns, such as Size or Color, to Invoice Items, so I don't have to create a separate item for each.

• KL_Excavation27KL_Excavation27 Member Posts: 1
    A field for customer signatures

I think having an option for customer signatures on the invoice and estimates would be most beneficial.

• WaverrWaverr Member Posts: 1

Fix the 'unable to archive business, rename z' bug before any other feature additions :)

• RicieRicie Member Posts: 2
    User created templates
    A customised Invoice template would be good as each client I provide services request the invoice to have a certain look and format. With different data and methods.

Almost all of them bower want to know what date I’m billing for not just the invoice date < This is paramount
    edited January 24, 2020