What feature related to deposits in Invoicing would have the largest impact on your business?

AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,013 admin

We've seen requests to add a deposit feature within our Invoicing platform in Wave. We'd love to hear how, if implemented, you would use this feature and what functionality you'd like to see come along with it.

What feature related to deposits in Invoicing would have the largest impact on your business? 5 votes

Deposits (refundable)
60%
TylerKJayGeeSwahaDevi9 3 votes
Pre-payments
20%
Hawp 1 vote
Instalments (with notifications)
20%
ASPS 1 vote

Comments

• ASPSASPS Member Posts: 13
    Instalments (with notifications)
    I’m not certain I understand the question posed, but for clarity, in my business, a minimum of a 50% deposit is required for a service to commence. This deposit is applied to the bill and is non-refundable, but transférable.
  • HawpHawp Member Posts: 6
    Pre-payments
    On my business I collect a 50% deposit to pay for materials. My customers have been very happy with this system but I do need to explain to them that the billing system I use (wave) doesn't recognise deposits as a valuable tool. They are baffled.
  • shanebeeshanebee Member Posts: 1

None of those options are currently relevant to me. I think game changer(s) would be sorting/tagging of estimates/invoices/payouts and administration level notes (that are not viewable by the customer).

edited October 31, 2019
  • camoricamori Member Posts: 1

None of the above. Most useful to me is group or batch invoicing, such as Quickbooks 2019 has, where I can create a group and then make one invoice that applies to all. This is our ONLY reason to stay on QB 2019 for invoicing, because otherwise I'm thoroughly enjoying the user-friendly interface of Wave.

For instance, we have several advertisers that have the same type of ad in one month, and not having to invoice each of them individually is a huge timesaver. I can create "one" invoice, but it creates a brand new invoice for each business. Recurring invoicing doesn't work, because some months we have 4 weeks, and some months we have 5 weeks, and duplicate doesn't either, as we need to delineate the month and issues that the ads ran.