Reconciliation Reimagined ⚖️

13»

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,725 admin

Hi @BrianN @livinglightshows , at the moment we have no short term plans to change how checks are handled for reconciliation, but I;'d be more than happy to pass your feedback on to the Product team.

• BrianNBrianN Member Posts: 3

Please do as the wave does it is not how any accountant wants you to do it. If you asked how to do it wrong, you guys figured it out.

• livinglightshowslivinglightshows Member Posts: 7

Accountant convinced me that Wave is not going to work and we switched to Quickbooks. Hopefully they implement using the standard approach to how reconciliations are done on bank statements in every other accounting software in the future.

• ValMar357ValMar357 Member Posts: 3

I'm sitting here weeks later still trying to wrap my mind around how glaringly obvious it is that business owners want to mark invoices as paid as checks come in and not a month later when it's time to sit down and reconcile. What doesn't compute on your end? Do you realize that to do things the new way, it requires extra tracking of received checks until they are deposited and that transaction is then imported from online banking? Why would you force such a cumbersome approach to your customers?

• aburlesaburles Member Posts: 1

I use wave once a year. Have to say I'm pretty disgusted with the reconciliation not considering outstanding checks. How stupid is this? We write checks for the month, near the end of each month. Guaranteed there will be outstanding checks. I'll spend a few more minutes looking for a work-around, then I'm going back to the recon form on the back of my bank statements.

This recon feature useless. Wave People .... allow us to UNCHECK outstanding checks....simple as that.

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 1,407 admin

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our new tool and our accounting team is aware about this workaround. At the moment it is our current method and we apologize for the extra steps involved in your accounting. As always your feedback helps our product grow, so thanks for the input.

• AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 56

@BarsinA - I have to commend you for your people skills. You guys receive a lot of flack and criticism, but you always present a cheerful and helpful front.

Many people seem to forget WaveApps accounting system is free, and its only the payroll services in Canada and the U.S. accepting payments online that incur costs.

Many small businesses don't use either of these services which means this online accounting software and its related apps are totally free for them.

The features you are developing at your own cost for us are also free.

Yes, there are hiccups, - sometimes horrible hiccups - but we need to work with WaveApps to help identify what does and doesn't work for us.

Any accountant can work around these hiccups if they want to continue using the free service; it's not a train smash although it might entail some elbow grease.

I have many small customers that use WaveApps and we find workarounds for them when it is needed. It's not difficult with today's technology.

Thank you WaveApps, keep up the good work.

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 1,407 admin

Thank you kindly @AccountsPro :smile: