Use of office at home allowance

AndyKAndyK Member Posts: 18

In the UK as self-employed I can claim a flat rate allowance for use of an office at home and the rate depends on the number of hours I claim for. Presumably I can do this just as with mileage, I can set up a Use of Office expense account and put the appropriate debit amount in, and then credit Owners Equity by the same amount.
Is this correct?


  • MikegMikeg Member Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

    Can't speak to the rules of the UK. However, that is the appropriate way to account for expenses paid for or incurred by the owner outside the business. I do the same for clients claiming Home Office Expense here in the US.

Sign In or Register to comment.