PayPal Integration

AlanMosleyAlanMosley Member Posts: 4

How often does PayPal refresh, I have tried the suggestion to change the date and force a refresh, but this still does not get all the transactions, seems to be a day behind. How is it meant to work, is meant to get all transactions up to date, is meant to get them every hour day?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 143 admin

Hi @AlanMosley , Welcome to the Wave Community! I am sorry to hear of this issue with your PayPal integration. A PayPal integration should work like a bank connection, pulling in new transactions every 1-3 days. It is not a Live Feed that updates every hour I'm afraid.

If refreshing the account does not bring in up to date transactions, then unfortunately it will be necessary to upload your PayPal transactions using the CSV uploader.

I understand that this may not be ideal, but you may find that this approach causes fewer problems in the long run. The first step will be to download your PayPal transaction history as a CSV and then format the CSV file to fit the format below:

MM/DD/YYYY, Description 1, -250 (Amount)
    MM/DD/YYYY, Description 2, 550.50 (Amount)
    MM/DD/YYYY, Description 3, -120.75 (Amount)

Uploading the resulting file should allow you to get all of your PayPal transactions recorded in Wave.

Another option would be to use Wave Connect, our Google Sheet add-on to get those PayPal transactions into Wave. You can learn more about Wave Connect and how to set it up here:
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-

• kurisutikurisuti Member Posts: 0

I've been using Wave for about a year now, and until recently Paypal was integrating fine with my Wave account. However, ever since this April, around half of my monthly transactions have just been left out period.

Is there a reason chunks of 2-3 weeks worth of Paypal transactions would just be ignored when being imported?

It doesn't matter how many times I delete/readd the Paypal integration or how long I wait. It's July now and the April transactions still don't appear.
    Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

• AlanMosleyAlanMosley Member Posts: 4

I deleted my account and reopened it, re interrogated it, this was after it was fixed last week, since then I have seen no updates. Is it fixed?

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 824 admin

Hi @kurisuti @AlanMosley . Our PayPal integration is currently in need of some extra attention as you're not the first people to be reporting issues with it. As it seems like you both have reconnected and refreshed the connection, I'd advise using Wave Connect moving forward to get your transactions into the system. I know this isn't ideal but it will allow you to keep up with your bookkeeping moving forward with less of a headache to deal with.

edited July 17, 2019

At the moment I have been clicking edit on the paypal interrogation and then saving it without changing anything, this brings more transactions, I don't want to be uploading from google sheets as I need staff to be able to do this job with less room for error. PayPal is the reason we went with wave.
    When do you expect it to be working properly, thanks

• ChelseaKChelseaK Administrator Posts: 264 admin

@AlanMosley Thanks for sharing your process. Yes, by selecting 'Edit' and selecting the date prior to starting importing from, this should refresh the connection and bring in more transactions. I'm afraid we don't have an ETA on when the PayPal integration kinks will be worked out but thank you for your patience in the meantime. <3

You don't need to select date, just edit will do the trick, thanks