I hate the upgrade!

ClarkeyClarkey Member Posts: 7

I am really sorry I am so frustrated with the upgrade. I just want to cry. The old version was perfect for me and now I can't move anything, I can't find anything, I can't print ..... why does everything have to change for the worse.

Comments

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 260 admin

Hey @Clarkey

I know that change can be frustrating, but our intent of course is to get everyone onto the new platform. In regards to moving transactions, I'm assuming you mean from business to personal or business to business. In our previous accounting software, we allowed this to happen, however it wasn't proper bookkeeping and it wasn't good for your books. Our previous discussions which can be found HERE discuss how to properly move these transactions and account for them according to a standard accounting practice.

In regards to finding anything, or printing, if you could elaborate on what you mean by this, we'd be happy to elaborate a bit further.

We are pleased with the upgrade and look forward to future upgrades to make our robust platform even more compliant with an ISO for accounting software and practices. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any specific questions about the upgrade.

Here is a beneficial article from our help center to show you how that transaction should look.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622836-Handling-business-expenses-with-a-personal-bank-account

edited July 2, 2019
  • ClarkeyClarkey Member Posts: 7

Hi

In the old version I was able to move any transaction between any business or to a personal account. I have one business account for 3 small business. I don't want to have 3 separate bank accounts for each small business. I would then link the bank account to the business that has the most transactions and them move any other transactions to one of the other businesses in Wave. I am now unable to do this. I have to physically delete the transaction and rekey it into the correct Wave business.

This might not be best 'accounting' practice but you allowed it for many years so don't see why it cant be available now. I am just a very small business and am not looking for a classic accountancy experience. I just want a quick way to categorise my income and expenditure so I am ready for my tax return. I am only a sole trader.

I know alot of people are unhappy with this change especially as it has happened in the middle of a financial year so it difficult for us to start again with another product. This is a case of not listening to what your users really want and telling us how it 'should' be done, even though your solution is long winded procedure. It is such as disappointment as Wave is really a fantastic piece of software, but to loose this functionality is really sad.

As for the printing I want to be able to print a list of the transactions I can see on the transaction screen and there is no way to do this. I use this to print out to as a reference to other software package I am trying to reconcile it with.

The only solution I have been offered is the Account report but that is not what I want as I don't what to have to print a report for every category.

I also miss the page numbers. They were really useful.

• ZoeCZoeC Administrator Posts: 389 admin

Hi @Clarkey , thank you for following up with us and thank you for providing that context.

I completely understand that this is a huge change and that it is going to take a lot of getting used to. Every decision that went into the update was made with great care and we did it with the sole intention of providing a much better, much more robust product for our users. The fact that the older software was allowing imperfect accounting practices was not good enough and something that had to change. Unfortunately there is no perfect time for a huge update like this.

I do understand that being able to print your transactions directly from your transactions page was something that was beneficial to you, but now, the best next option is to head to your Account Transactions Report and export from there.

We are more than happy to help you with any issues you are having in getting used to the new software, so please, do not hesitate to reach out!

• TahzeebTahzeeb Member Posts: 1
    1. In old Version there were text suggestion for the descriptions in entries. but now i dont get that.
    2. The doing a new Juornal transaction is very congested and messy.

Atleast restore this feature in previous version. please. Its killing me. made me slow at work.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,091 admin

@Tahzeeb Appreciate the feedback that you've provided here, but I'm afraid there isn't a way to revert back to the previous version of our software. When making improvements in the future for when we migrate our users over to the latest software, this are some things that we can take into consideration as we want our users to have the best experience as possible.

• John_MacJohn_Mac Member Posts: 1

I'm with Clarkey, very frustrated that I can no longer use this software. All monies go into one account then I could previously allocated them to the correct Business within my Wave account. My accountant sees nothing wrong with this so I don't see where you are coming from with your statement that you have removed this function because its not good accounting practice.

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 260 admin

Hey @John_Mac

I apologize that this new change doesn't suit your businesses needs anymore. As mentioned previously I think the idea of instating an automated transactional movement from one business into another business is a great idea which our team knows about. We appreciate you reaching out with your opinion. Take care and have a great weekend.

• SteveTrowellSteveTrowell Member Posts: 3

I completely agree with Clarkey in the sense that everything I enjoyed about WAVE for has now disappeared..! I understand why the automatic bank connections feature had to be stopped but there are lots of other things I hate...
    Most significantly - I signed in today for the first time since the updates & loads of my previously uploaded receipts are missing from merged transactions..! It's now impossible to see what transactions/uploaded receipts have been merged. So if I happened to merge an upload receipt with a bank transaction in the old version (so that my accountant could see both elements) the new version of WAVE is only showing my linked receipt if I previously left the entry on the receipt element rather than the bank transaction element. If I happened to leave the entry on the bank transaction element then the receipt is nowhere to be found..! Does this mean I will have to go through my entire accounts, work out which receipts are missing & upload them all again..?!?
    Really disappointed & very worried that my workload is going to multiply dramatically. Not only that, but my accountants are going to wonder where half of my receipts have gone from my recently submitted books..!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Administrator Posts: 241 admin

@SteveTrowell Looks like there is another conversation here about this where we've answered your post: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/22290#Comment_22290

edited 8:41PM