Importing Sales from Square?

HCTRHCTR Member Posts: 1

Newbie question: how can I go about syncing with Square to get raw sales values, prior to the 2.75% Square processing fee? As is, I only import my bank info, which includes the deposit from Square. This artificially lowers my sales figures by 2.75%, and I'm not sure how to fix this. Any advice on this?

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

HCTR,
    Does Square give you a report of fees paid? If so you can use that number for the journal entry
    Debit - Bank Fees XX
    Credit - Sales XX
    Or you could gross up sales
    To determine the entry you would multiply your Square deposit by 1.0275 then subtract the deposit. That would give you bank fees that were netted from your sale. So for example if you receive a 97.25 deposit, you would multiply it by 1.0275 = 100-97.25=2.75. Your entry would be:
    Debit bank fees 2.75
    Credit Sales 2.75
    Sales are now at gross. There are some rounding issues but that gets you close.

• RZLRZL Member Posts: 3

@HCTR said:
    Newbie question: how can I go about syncing with Square to get raw sales values, prior to the 2.75% Square processing fee? As is, I only import my bank info, which includes the deposit from Square. This artificially lowers my sales figures by 2.75%, and I'm not sure how to fix this. Any advice on this?

And there is another case with Sales Tax, how are you accounting for that?
    Manual entry?
    Just trying to learn as Newbie as well.

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 511 admin

Hey there @RZL

Just curious, are you only using your bank connection under banking which would import your bank transactions (the amount that is deposited into your bank account) or are you using our third party Zapier Itegration found at the bottom left of your Wave apps. I believe this should give you a better breakdown before the fees! But reach out and let us know.