Disable or hide unused vendor or product item

SriSri Member Posts: 5

We have long list of products and vendors list. some of them are not using anymore. but we create invoice or bill these will shows up.

We need a feature to disable or hide vendor or product item that way it won't shows up on invoice creation

Tagged:

Comments

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 260 admin

Hey there @Sri

So at the moment you can only delete a product or vendor if it is not associated with an invoice/bill. If your products/vendors/sales taxes are attached to any transactions/bills you won't be able to delete them, or archive them at this time, not unless the invoice is deleted. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you would like to delete products that are not tied to invoices you can do this by heading to Sales > Products/services and delete the ones that are not bound to an invoice or bill.

• jharms11jharms11 Member Posts: 2

@Barsin When will this feature be available or is it a priority for Wave to create? It is quite cumbersome to have outdated products and services in the list.

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 143 admin

Hi @jharms11 , welcome to the Wave community! The reason we make it so that Products & Services that are associated with Invoices/Bills can't be deleted is that it ensures that you have accurate records of what you sold/purchased.

• jharms11jharms11 Member Posts: 2
    @Myron I understand why you want to keep records. But being able to Archive (not delete) a product or service should still keep it related to a historical invoice but free up your current offerings lost. Someone on your team also suggested I rename archived products and so they end up at the bottom of the list, but then this would change how they look on historical invoice.
  • AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 605 admin

@jharms11 . You're correct, this would actually change it on the historical invoice. To be completely honest with you, this isn'tt something that's currently on the roadmap for the near future which means it may take some time before it's actually implemented. The best advice I can offer in addition to what has already been said is to simply add a "Z" to the front of the name of the product/service. This way, you still know what the product is because it's not changing the name drastically, but it will move to the bottom of your list, making it easier and less cumbersome to navigate your products/services.