How to attach an uploaded receipt to a bill

Hi,

When I make a bill for a vendor in order to record an invoice received from him, I cannot attach the invoice. But I would like the invoices to be recorded inside wave, just as receipts.

I can make a receipt, where the invoice is then uploaded, but these are for immediate payments and are not attached to a vendor. And I would like to be able to get totals of expenses for each of my vendors. For that I need bills, it seems.

And I saw that you could, for a receipt, find the transaction in the transactions list and "create a bill payment". But I could not make this work.

What is your workflow for uploading invoices as bills to be paid later, so that the payments are recorded per defined vendor?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 2,553 admin

Hi @Peter Voigt Knudsen

So you currently can't attach a file to a bill created in Wave. They have to be created manually. Wave also doesn't currently allow you to attach a vendor to a transaction, but that's a feature that's in the works right now. There is, however, a Purchases by Vender report that's based on vendors attached to your bills and receipts.

Here's the workflow to create and pay a bill.

• Create your bill following the steps outlined here.
    • If you enter your transactions manually, you can record a bill as paid directly from your Bills page. To do this, click on the arrow to the right of your bill and choose "Record payment"
    • If you upload your transactions via a bank connections, or through bank statement uploads, don't record a payment from that page. Instead, find the matching transaction on your Transactions and categorize is as "Payment for a bill made in Wave". You'll have the option to choose any of your unpaid bills.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd love to help.

• npapps35npapps35 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 8, 2018

Does a receipt for payment get emailed to the vendor automatically? I have a subcontractor that invoices me for their work. It would be great to send an email as record of payment to them. What's the best method to do this?

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 2,553 admin

Hi, @npapps35.

No, sending receipts for payments is a responsibility of the vendor. You'll still be able to see that information in your reports, however.