How to edit your business information

SystemSystem Posts: 300 admin

imageHow to edit your business information

To edit your business information such as your address, follow these steps:

Click on your business name in the top left corner of your screen. Click Manage your profile in the drop-down menu.
Clic...

Read the full story here

edited May 22, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• DNjoguDNjogu Member Posts: 1
    How do I add email address onto the business contact information which shows in invoices and receipts created? I can't seem to find a field for email. :/
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,117 admin

@DNjogu There currently isn't a defined field for email address on the personal information section for invoices.. but my suggestion (for the time being) is that you enter in the email address in the Address Line 2 field. I understand that this might not be entirely ideal for you in this particular situation, and it's something that may be added in the future -- but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so right now.

• yashovardhan99yashovardhan99 Member Posts: 2

Is there an option to have a business name in the wave account different from the business name in the invoice?
    Suppose I want the business name to be 'Freelancer' and the same in the invoice to read my name?

Hey @yashovardhan99. If you edit the business name on the invoice itself, it will completely change the business name on your account in general as well. In this case, it's technically not possible to edit this without altering your business name.

edited July 3, 2019
  • yashovardhan99yashovardhan99 Member Posts: 2

Hey @JamieD Is there a possibility that such an option would be introduced in the future. Would be really helpful for Sole proprietors and freelancers. (Suppose I have my account name Freelancing and the name on the invoice can be my actual name). This is the #1 reason I don't actually send the invoices generated by wave to anyone.

@yashovardhan99. Potentially something that's added in the future, but one thing you could do is create a separate business so that you have it setup for your Freelancing as well as the actual business itself. I know it's not ideal, but it's something to consider for the time being.

• OfficeOffice Member Posts: 5

There is no pen icon to the right of the business name.

@Office Is this a business that you are a collaborator on? Or is it actually a business that you have ownership access to in Wave? If you could send me a screenshot I would be happy to further investigate this for you here.

• supersheesupershee Member Posts: 1

Doesn't work, just presents address for Personal, not for linked Business Account. There seems to be now way to change this for biz profiles!

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 143 admin

Hi @supershee, welcome to the Wave community! Are you clicking into the Businesses tab on the Manage your profile menu? Does your screen look like the image below?

Edit Biz

• AugustAugust Member Posts: 2

What about the 'Personal' Business, it has not pencil edit icon next to it. My account account page shows the same thing, are you not able to edit this business?

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 694 admin

Hey there @August

If you'd like to change your Personal info, Select the **_Personal account > Manage your profile > Personal information > And here is where you can change that info if you need to!

Hopefully this helps.

• AugustAugust Member Posts: 2

I have updated my personal information, identifying my country as the USA. But it is still showing my personal bank accounts in Euoros. How can I change this?

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,529 admin

Hey @August . The currency of your Wave business will always be based in the currency you set it up with when you first created the business. Even if you change the country, because the business was set up in Euros, you can't change it. The best way to deal with this would be to recreate your Wave business making the country the US and the currency USD.

• aalexhaalexh Member Posts: 1

Hi AlexL,

Just now I tried setting up a new wave account with a different email. There was never a prompt from wave to select the country for my account. It seems to make the original 'Personal' account default to Europe and the EURO because I am physically in Europe at the moment, it must find that from the URL.

When I set up additional businesses I see the option to set the currency from the start, though notice it can not be changed later, I'm not sure why it can not be changed later?

Is there a way to make my original account set to the USA and US dollars? My business is real estate and all the properties the bank accounts are in the US even though I am in Europe.

Thank you for any help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Administrator Posts: 421 admin

Hey @aalexh! Thanks for reaching out here! If you are traveling and trying to set up a Wave account, it will try to auto-detect the currency & country. Once the currency is set for a business, it is not able to be changed. This is due to implications that come with changing the currency of a business after data and transactions have been entered - trying to convert everything to the new business currency would cause issues. Wave uses a currency convertor to calculate the currency rates each day. If you were to change currency halfway through a year, the currency rate for that day would be used which may be stronger or weaker than usual. It also may be different to the currency rate set by your bank. At this time, it is something that the platform can't handle. If you want your original account to be USD/US location, what you could do is set the additional business you created with USD/US location as your 'default' business. You can click here to see how to do this. You can also archive a business if you no longer want to use it.

• Koffie_zaKoffie_za Member Posts: 1

Good day. I am looking to change Options like Toll Free Number and fax to email etc

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,529 admin

Hey @Koffie_za . I'm afraid that the ability to change the names of the fields in relation to your business is not currently available.

• GenetteDuggerGenetteDugger Member Posts: 1

How do I change the Payer's TIN? The 1099-MISC has the EIN as 12-1234567, but I don't have one so I need it to be my SSN. I've looked all through the settings and can seem to figure it out.

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 425 admin

Hey @GenetteDugger! Can you clarify for me, are you trying to change your own TIN? If so, it would be beneficial for you to open a support ticket with the team directly, in order to address this :)