work order and scheduling

cslade9871cslade9871 Member Posts: 2

is there away to may a work order and schedule jobs or is there another program that works with wave to allow this ?
i work in a repair field and need to be able to make a work order and schedule work to be done and than go from work order to invoice

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 526 admin

Hey @cslade9871 . Wave doesn't currently support work orders. I know the needs of what's contained in a work order can vary, but we do have an estimate product where you can create the basis of your invoice before actually converting it over into one. This doesn't contain any sort of scheduling so you would need to add this is manually.

I would love to hear what your work flow is though and how a work order would benefit your business on a daily basis.

edited May 13, 2019
  • cslade9871cslade9871 Member Posts: 2

@alexlewiszarkos . generally a customer will call and i will write a work order and schedule repair then after looking at the unit ,i would either write and estimate of just fix it off the work order then i would enter all the parts and repairs and turn the work order into a invoice to bill customer .
    so work order to estimate back to work order if approved than to invoice or
    work order to invoice

• ZoeCZoeC Administrator Posts: 389 admin

Hey @cslade9871 , thanks for getting back to us with your workflow! This kind of context is really beneficial to our Product Team when they consider what's on the road map for Wave.

• BwanapBwanap Member Posts: 3

I agree wholeheartedly on adding work order functionality. Even accessing the estimates from mobile app would be a start. I am a handyman and my work flow is similar to cslade. I have one guy who works with me and mostly I schedule work directly and then generate an invoice from an email summary he sends me. Sometimes I send a client an estimate, but I rarely convert that directly to an invoice, usually I duplicate an invoice for existing customers.

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 526 admin

@Bwanap Thanks for offering your feedback on this! Nice to hear your exact workflow and how this would help.