MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

6 April 2019 kicks off the new tax year (2019-20), but this is also when the 2019 tax returns (covering the 2018-19 tax year) can start to be filed.
Returns done on paper MUST be filed by 31 October whilst returns filed online have until 31 January 2020 to be filed. Your self assessment tax payments are due in January and July each (save for those of you with a tax bill of less than £1k who only have to pay in January).
If you're new to self employment and this is to be your first return make sure you have set up your government gateway account to enable you to make submissions online using HMRC's own tax return software.
If the thought of trying to tackle this sends shivers down your spine perhaps this is the time to look to appoint an accountant to deal with it for you.
If you would like to discuss using our services to assist you with your tax returns, accounts, VAT, payroll etc., please get in touch either by responding to this post, direct messaging, or by sending an email to [email protected] - we can then set up a mutually convenient meeting (via Skype/'phone) to have a FREE non committal chat.


  • MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

    The tax year may be just a few days old but now is the best time to sign up with us - once we've filled our available slots our books will be closed for new business. Doesn't matter if you're books aren't quite ready yet, make that appointment and reserve your place in this year's client intake.

  • NFayyazNFayyaz Member Posts: 6

    Good Information :)

Sign In or Register to comment.