Need to file 'Report of New Employee' with California?

jacsbuchananjacsbuchanan Member Posts: 5

Hi there, my business is setup as an LLC. I want to start paying myself payroll for the first time (no other employees) and am setting that up in Wave. Do you know if I need to separately file a DE 34 Report of New Employee with the California EDD or if that is handled by Wave tax filing? Thanks!



  • MikegMikeg Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

    Although I don't know the answer to your exact question, I thought I would make you aware that unless the LLC elected to be taxed as an S-Corp, owners of an LLC cannot pay themselves a W-2 salary.
    Mike G, CPA
    Better Service - Better Pricing

  • jacsbuchananjacsbuchanan Member Posts: 5

    Thanks Mike. It is taxed as an S-Corp. My advisor has suggested that I should now start paying myself a W-2 Salary.

Sign In or Register to comment.