Delete multiple customers

albionwatch1albionwatch1 Member Posts: 1

I uploaded a customers list in CSV format but now I want to make changes to all of them. How can I delete all of them and reupload?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi @albionwatch1. There isn't currently a way to mass remove customers from your customer list. That being said, you can delete a customer in just few clicks from the Customers page.

Since accidentally deleting your customer list would be a devastating mistake, we don't allow mass deleting of customers, as a safeguard.

• Philidor1Philidor1 Member Posts: 1

This is a deal breaker for me. Any application that cannot accommodate block deletions is a poor one, to be sure. And the argument that disallowing such a function is intended prevent the "devastating mistake" of deleting a customer list is pure sophistry, since a simple message of "are you sure? Y/N" would accomplish the same thing without putting the user through hundreds of individual, single deletions.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi @Philidor1.

I understand how that can be frustrating, and it's fair to say that the process could be easier.

If you'd like to discuss how mass-deletion of customers would be useful to your business, I'm more than happy to hear you out. If it's an especially important feature in the context of your business, you're welcome to make it a feature request. If you want to know a bit more about how we choose new features and how to best ensure that your feature request will be seen, check out this post.

Note that bulk deletion is possible in other context within Wave. Transactions, for example, can easily be deleted in batches.

• lsmith339lsmith339 Member Posts: 1

I just spent the last 2 hours deleting customers one at a time because I tried to test a data import, assuming it could easily be deleted.
    FYI, your template doesn't allow State codes to be imported.

• Nick_Page1310Nick_Page1310 Member Posts: 2
    I can't find a way to delete even one customer!

Please advise
  • ZoeCZoeC Administrator Posts: 389 admin

Hey @Nick_Page1310, thanks for reaching out! You should be able to delete your customers by navigating to Sales > Customers > Trash can icon beside the customer's name > Delete.

If you are not seeing that, would you be able to send me on a screenshot of your Sales > Customers page?

• Nick_Page1310Nick_Page1310 Member Posts: 2
    There is no option to navigate to'sales'.
    My 4 options are
    Invoices
    Customers
    Items (just a list of lnvoices)
    More (my settings)

There's no trashcan item or delete option anywhere
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,091 admin

Hey @Nick_Page1310. It sounds like you are on the mobile app for invoicing, with that being said, you will need to delete the customers from the actual Wave application itself (by going to Sales > Customers as @Zoe_caff mentioned above).

• xeniumxenium Member Posts: 21
    If Wave allows bulk load (eg via Wave connect) it is essential to have a bulk delete feature.

Or at least a warning: "For first upload we suggest only using a few records, as there is no bulk delete feature if things go wrong!"

No migration goes well first time.
  • ZoeCZoeC Administrator Posts: 389 admin

Hey @xenium, thanks for reaching out! That's a really good point. We don't currently have a bulk delete function but I would be more than happy to pass your suggestion along to our product team! Thanks you.