Getting started with Payments by Wave

SystemSystem Posts: 300 admin

imageGetting started with Payments by Wave

Make it easy for customers to pay you and get paid faster!
Payments by Wave makes getting paid easy! With credit card option bank payments options built directly into your invoices, you’ll be paid ...

Read the full story here

edited February 26, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

Can you please clarify the 1% bank payment? Is this charged only if we request direct to bank deposits? When does this fee apply?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Administrator Posts: 462 admin

@Tevilyne if you're located in Canada or the US, you'll have the option to get paid by one or both of credit card payments and bank payments. If your customer chose to pay directly from their bank account to yours through the online payment option on your invoice, then it's a 1% processing fee for the transaction (rather than the 2.9% + $0.30 for credit cards). The 1% fee is deducted while the funds are in transit, with the remainder deposited after.

• TevilyneTevilyne Member Posts: 7

Thank you :-)

• mrivera74mrivera74 Member Posts: 1

The 2.9% is on the total amount and that is deducted from the payment, correct? The $.30 is a flat rate and not per $100 or $1, or anything like that?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,117 admin

@mrivera74 That's correct, it's 2.9% on the total amount for the transaction + 0.30 cents which is a flat rate that doesn't change.

• KevinwillKevinwill Member Posts: 2
    Good day, I'm based in South Africa I tried to activate the payment option but for some reason i cannot find the button under the sales tab. Kindly assist.
  • SamdSamd Administrator Posts: 560 admin

Hi @Kevinwill - apologies about this. Payments by Wave is only available inside North America. We have extended support via Stripe to some countries outside of North America (who are processing in the currency of their resident country) but they currently do not support South Africa: https://stripe.com/global

As a possible work around, you could use Zapier (which is third-party automation software, and free for the base model) to trigger actions in Wave from a third-party payment processor such as PayPal. Once setup, invoices can be generated and marked as paid in Wave automatically, so it would be very similar to using directly integrated platform (like Stripe or Payments by Wave).

You can find out more here: https://zapier.com/apps/wave/integrations

• KevinwillKevinwill Member Posts: 2

Hi, @Samd Thank you for getting back to me in regards to this. We are now using PayFast which is a Payment Gateway for online payments. Is there any way to integrate this into Wave. I really love using Wave its simple to use. Currently, we have to send a client our invoice via Wave and separate email with the payment link. Is there any way we can simplify this. I hope you are able to assist.
    Thanking you in advance.

• JordanDJordanD Administrator, Moderator Posts: 344 admin

Hey @Kevinwill I'm afraid that Wave doesn't currently have a direct integration with PayFast (but maybe in the future)! It sounds like you are trying to cut down on how many emails you need to send to your customers. When you send an invoice in Wave, you'll be able to create a custom message that your customer will see in the email. I'm not familiar with PayFast, but I do know that any URLs that are entered in this area are clickable, and this seems like an area that you may be able to enter the PayFast link for your customers to pay for the invoice.

• LiewCFLiewCF Member Posts: 2

Hi, I am from Malaysia. Stripe is now available in Malaysia. Can you enable Stripe payment in my account?

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 143 admin

Hi @LiewCF, thank you for your interest in Payments by Wave! I'm afraid that while Stripe is available in Malaysia, Payments by Wave through Stripe is not.

As a possible alternative, you could use Zapier to integrate Wave with a third-party payment processor such as Stripe. For more information about the Wave + Stripe Zapier integration, please see: https://zapier.com/apps/wave/integrations/stripe

edited July 11, 2019
  • UmangUmang Member Posts: 1

Hi, I am from India and I am not able to see the Payments option under Sales. Am I missing something?

• ZoeCZoeC Administrator Posts: 389 admin

Hey @Umang, thanks for reaching out! In house payment processing is currently only available to our users in North America, for some of users in other locations we have partnered with Stipe, but, I'm afraid, Stripe is not currently accessible in India through Wave.

• CokelpopsCokelpops Member Posts: 1

There is no Payment tab under sales.
    I want my customers to do bank transfers. I've added my bank- but not sure if it's all connected or how the client goes about paying?

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,529 admin

Hi @Cokelpops . You should be able to see a Credit Card Payments tab under the Sales button. Because you're based in Australia, you'll only be able to accept payments through Credit Card with Stripe.

edited October 28, 2019
  • JeanLouiseJeanLouise Member Posts: 1

When I click the 'Turn on payments' button it just keeps on loading and it never turns on. I don't know if I'm missing something or am I not eligible to accept payments through Wave?

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 425 admin

Hey @JeanLouise! That's a bit of an odd one, can you let me know what browser you're using? Also, whereabouts is your business located? That would be one of the biggest issues that could be preventing you from turning on payments.

• WasWas Member Posts: 1

I am all set up on Payments but my invoices do not have a link to pay via credit card. So my customer still can't send payment via credit card. What am I missing?
    UPDATE: I turned off payments then turned them on again. Then the form showed up for the customer.

edited January 3, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,529 admin

Glad to hear you were able to figure it out, @Was !

• ErikBErikB Member Posts: 2

I am trying to setup payment information for a 3-Member LLC. Each member owns a third of the business. I've entered all the required owner information but when I click "save and continue" I get a message telling me to "review and update the highlighted fields." There's a red warning symbol next to each owner. When I go into the owner information for each one, though, nothing appears to be wrong and no fields are highlighted. The only thing I can think of is that if you add up the ownership percentages, they add up to 99.9% rather than 100. Any thoughts as to whether that can be the problem?

UPDATE: I tried changing one of the ownership interests from 33.3% to 33.4% so that it would add up to 100%, but no change in the problem. That does not appear to be it.

edited January 14, 2020
  • GoodyglenGoodyglen Member Posts: 1

I too do not see an "add Payments" button under sales. I am in Canada. Why can I not add payments to my wave account?

• EmmaPEmmaP Administrator Posts: 421 admin

Hi @ErikB! The Application does not allow you to enter decimal points for the percentage values. It will have to be a rounded out value.

Hey @Goodyglen! There won't be an 'add payment' button as such. If you are trying to set up Wave Payments you would do so under: Sales -> Payments in your Wave account. There is an application to fill out under the 'Payments' tab that will be submitted for review. For more information on the set up process you can check out this Wave guide: Setting up Wave Payments.