How to add an expense transaction

2»

Comments

• Jennifer_Gore1Jennifer_Gore1 Member Posts: 1

i did all of this and my business account is being credited for the expenses

• MillyMilly Member Posts: 8

I can't find the account I want to affect by the transaction. It is in my chart of accounts but does not come up as an option when I am trying to post the transaction. I have looked under'more options'. In fact I think I have looked everywhere, I can see all the other accounts in my CoA except the one I want ...

• Grams_2015_Grams_2015_ Member Posts: 6

Thx again!

• LMJLMJ Member Posts: 1

How do I create an expense that is not withdrawn from an account? I get a statement that shows income - ex $5000, and expense - ex $1000, and receive a check for $4000. How do I record that $1000 as an expense?

• micmic Member Posts: 1

How to record tips(meal,taxi etc) here? The total amount=basic amount+tax+tips.

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 730 admin

Hey @Jennifer_Gore1, can you let me know what you're seeing as far as your business account being credited for expenses? Would love to see what you're seeing, if you could provide a screenshot!

@Milly What kind of account is it that you're looking for? Do you have the ability to provide screenshots of the transaction you're looking to categorize?

@Grams_2015_ Happy to help!

@LMJ Great question! What kind of statement are you receiving that shows that income? Would love to know what is happening with those funds so that we can best assist you here.

@mic You should be able to do this by splitting the transaction, but what is your end goal? Are you trying to have your totals match a bank statement?

• LilianaLiliana Member Posts: 3

I spent all day long recording expenses manually but they didn't show. it shows only the ones that i upload by the app. Help! do I need to refresh the page every transaction or how?

edited March 16, 2020
  • ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 730 admin

Hey @Liliana, I'm sorry to hear that! How had you been recording those expenses? Are you not seeing those transactions from within your Accounting > Transactions page?