Were have all my purchase receipts pdf's gone?

LokiLoki Member Posts: 1

I have years of pdf receipts linked to every purchase transaction. However since the update when I go into an existing transaction there is no longer anywhere to view the receipt. Or I can not find out how to do this. Can anyone help me? (ps all the receipts are still in Purchases/Receipts, just not linked to the transaction). Thank you.

Comments

• ErikErik Administrator Posts: 194 admin

Hey @Loki, were you previously merging your receipt transactions with an imported bank transaction (before the update)? We found that we are currently unable to access receipt images for any previously merged transactions directly on the Accounting>Transactions page. If this is the case for you, we apologize for any inconvenience.

However, this should be resolved for any new receipt uploads moving forward.

• SteveTrowellSteveTrowell Member Posts: 3

This is ridiculous..! I'm not sure if the UK version of WAVE has been rolled out later than US/Canada but I signed in to my account today for the first time since the UK update & half of my uploaded receipts are missing..!!!
    I always link uploaded receipts with bank transactions so that my accountants can see both elements but now loads of my linked receipts have gone..! In addition to that - each merged transaction now doesn't display both elements. This is SO frustrating. Will I now have to go through all my previous merged transactions, work out which receipts are missing & upload them all again..?!?
    I was already dreading the fact that you had to stop the automatic bank connections but I never anticipated that the update would screw me so completely..!!!

• SteveTrowellSteveTrowell Member Posts: 3

I can't believe that lame apology to you @Loki from @Erik
    What an appalling oversight to release a new version of the software that effectively deletes your previous hard work linking receipts with transactions. I feel your pain & am extremely annoyed & disappointed..!!!

• dangosarecutedangosarecute Member Posts: 6

This sure makes me hopeful for uploading my receipts to Wave...

irony

@Erik what are you guys doing about the issue NOW and what procedures will be implemented to prevent this kind of catastrophe in the future???

• ChelseaKChelseaK Administrator Posts: 241 admin

@SteveTrowell @dangosarecute I totally understand the frustration here and I understand that not being able to access receipt images for any previously merged transactions is inconvenient. It is going to require some extra time on your part. While it's not an ideal situation, this issue is fixable. Yes, going back and uploading any receipt images that did not carry over when your account was migrated would be the way here.

As your accounts have now been migrated to the new version of Wave, this won't be an issue going forward. Receipt transactions that have been merged with bank imported transactions will still show up on your Transactions page.

edited 8:35PM
  • dangosarecutedangosarecute Member Posts: 6

@ChelseaK Are procedures being put in place in order for this bug not to happen in future version transitions?