How to add a new business to your Wave account

2»

Comments

• Idowu_Tehillah1Idowu_Tehillah1 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you. I use a Samsung phone and for some reason the wave app does not display my business name on the top left as explained in the article.

The 3 buttons bottom right have no options either of adding my second business.

Please advise.
  • CalliePCallieP Administrator Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Nem , thanks for your message. To confirm, you're using the web app (rather than the mobile app)? Is your browser window fully widened? If not, the menu might be hidden, but you can still click it by clicking the white 'Menu' button on the top left, which will reveal your options. If that's still not visible to you either, Would you be able to send a screenshot of what you're seeing there? The entire screen would be best!

• NemNem Member Posts: 2
    I'm using the mobile app.

Hi @Nem , thanks for confirming. The description you're referring to, that is to say, seeing your business name in the top left corner, is referring to the web app only. On the mobile apps, it's not possible to add a new business to an existing account. So if you need to add another business to your existing Wave account, I'd recommend heading to waveapps.com to log in and add a new business there!

• bubblecatcherbubblecatcher Member Posts: 2

hi, how would manage different photography brands, ie running wedding, portrait as separate websites/business but you would have common expenses, equipment etc You would also want to be able to create reports to see how each one compares. Photographers these often have to run more than one brand and have multiple income sources, teaching, youtube, talks processing presets etc. I am not sure creating a separate business would help here?

• ConnorMConnorM Member, Administrator Posts: 1,229 admin

Hey @bubblecatcher! Great question here. Comparing expenses and having consistent expenses between businesses in Wave is not something that currently exists, but I definitely appreciate the context that you've been able to offer here as far as how this would specifically affect your situation. This type of feedback helps us to build out a platform that will be able to consider multiple types of businesses, and we appreciate it!

• bubblecatcherbubblecatcher Member Posts: 2

@ConnorM Ok, good to hear it is something you will consider and these days with many people having portfolio incomes this would be very useful, will keep checking back to see if every appears as would then start using your service.

• ZaydekZaydek Member Posts: 2

So, I've followed the above instructions until clicking on "Businesses" on the left, but on the next screen, there is no option to "Add a business". I just see "Personal", and my existing business name. I do want to add a second business. Please advise, thx!

Hi there @Zaydek , thanks for reaching out! To clarify, when adding a new business to your account, you're not actually clicking the Businesses button. Here's the directions for adding a new business:

• Click your business name in the top left corner
    • A drop down menu will appear. Click 'Create a business.'
    • And you should be good to go!

• ZaydekZaydek Member Posts: 2

Thx @CallieP for your response! Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the "+create a new business" option when I click on the business name and open the drop down box. I only see my existing business name and "personal". Everything from "You're signed in as..." and down is also showing in my drop down box. I don't see a scroll bar to move the text down, as I was thinking the "+create..." option text was hiding below "personal". Please advise, thx!

• BarsinBarsin Administrator Posts: 1,910 admin

Hey @Zaydek

I actually can see that you're an ADP customer run user. ADP users cannot actually create a new business through Wave. You will need to reach out to your ADP rep in order for them to work with their developers in creating new businesses. My apologies about that mixup!

• Craig_on_WaveCraig_on_Wave Member Posts: 2

I tried to do the same... ADP will just redirect their client back to Wave (they would not help me with multiple accounts, connecting accountant, or any accounting issues).

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 2,053 admin

Hey @Craig_on_Wave , I would ask them to put you in touch with someone who is more familiar with how the Wave integration works. We're always here to help you with the functionality of Wave, but as Barsin mentioned, because you're actually accessing Wave through ADP Run, they are the ones that control the setup of your account and they are the ones that have to create another business for you.

• _leanhealthx2_leanhealthx2 Member Posts: 1

Good evening, I setup my new business as prescribed but the dashboard does not setup as my other business has setup, Can you give me some advice please?

• BarsinBarsin Administrator Posts: 1,910 admin

Hey there @_leanhealthx2

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but would you mind explaining what it is you're seeing under both dashboards for your businesses?

Also if you haven't tried clearing your browsers cache and cookies please do and let us know if this works for you!