One payment for multiple invoices.

LSalkeLSalke Member Posts: 4

Is there a way to apply a payment to multiple invoices? Some of our customers aren't required to pay day of and if they get another invoice before they pay then we just get the one payment to cover multiple invoices. The Customer Statement shows the correct balance but previous invoices are still marked unpaid and the details on the Customer Statement only show the payment applied to one invoice number.

Comments

• LSalkeLSalke Member Posts: 4

Nvm found a step-by-step from Katie 12/31/18. Thanks!

• schexnailderschexnailder Member Posts: 10

Do you have a link to Katie's response?

• LSalkeLSalke Member Posts: 4

Well, I tried to find the original post from Katie but had no luck. I can tell you what I do now to split payments, but if you need more help maybe an admin can offer more assistance.

Accounting--> Transactions --> click on the payment you want to split (not the little box on the left just click anywhere else in the blue highlighted field) --> click on "Split this deposit" --> choose where to apply the split payment and update the totals paid in each category

Hope that helps!

• schexnailderschexnailder Member Posts: 10

LSalke,

Thank you so much!!!!

• Joseph0481Joseph0481 Member Posts: 2

When I try that with Wave CC processed it won't let me do this! When I charge a customer's cc, I sometimes add to the payment amount to include an additional invoice. In such transaction, I can't edit anything in order to record properly. Why??

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,118 admin

Hey @Joseph0481 . Try using the Help Center article here which breaks down how to handle overpayments. Check out number 3 specifically which has to do with receiving payments through Wave Payments.