Add in option for two-factor Authentication (2FA)

SeajaysSeajays Member Posts: 5

As wave can connect to bank accounts and see lots of sensitive commercial information about a business, I would like to have the option of using two-factor authentication (2FA), such as Google Authenticator, in order to provide an additional level of security when logging to wave.

Comments

• dgingdging Member Posts: 1

This would be amazing and I am floored that this is not already a standard security measure. The sooner this is implemented, the better.

• dpieskidpieski Member Posts: 4

I would agree with this and it is a pretty simple process to implement.

• SpencerSSpencerS Member Posts: 1

Please please please implement this! This need to be an option as Wave accepts payments and pays out to the bank account on file. There is so0o0o0 much room for error without 2FA.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Administrator Posts: 461 admin

Hey everyone, 100% that MFA/2FA is the way to go. 2FA is something that our teams are working towards this year, although I can't wager an ETA at this point. I just wanted to take the time to acknowledge that you're not alone in wanting this layer of security.

• CodeMonkeyXCodeMonkeyX Member Posts: 1

I agree the sooner the better. I just got done linking sensitive information, and thought it would be a good idea to add my Yubikey or at least my authentication app as a 2FA, but was a worried that there were no options for this.

• GlennFGlennF Member Posts: 8

+1 for TOTP (authenticator type apps) for 2FA

• Mor23Mor23 Member Posts: 1

Yup, 200% sketchy to use a website that contains secret information without 2FA.

• MrSparkleMrSparkle Member Posts: 2

Wave wants my 2FA to link my bank account, but won't secure itself with 2FA?
    Whether by SMS text or an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator or Authy, you just gotta umplement this. Come on guys - this really is a no-brainer.

• WisecompanyWisecompany Member Posts: 1

2FA is a must! Please implement ASAP.

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 47 admin

@CodeMonkeyX @GlennF @Mor23 @MrSparkle @Wisecompany Thank you for sharing your feedback and thoughts. As @Ryan_W mentioned in his post above, two factor authentication is something that our teams are actively working towards.