How to switch to the new user interface?

ZahirZahir Member Posts: 4

Recently, I helped a friend to start a new account on Wave and was surprised to see that the interface has changed to the new one. But mine remains the same. How do I migrate to the new UI?

Thanks,
Zahir

Comments

• SophiaSophia Administrator Posts: 147 admin

Hi @Zahir! So glad to hear you like the look of the new interface! We will be rolling it out to existing accounts gradually, so stay tuned - you'll get an email from Wave when your account is ready. You can read more about what to expect here

• ZahirZahir Member Posts: 4

Thanks @Sophia. I will be waiting!

• MentesPRMentesPR Member Posts: 1

Same story here. The new interface was SO helpful when I helped my friend create his account. Any idea of when the rollup will be finished?

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @MentesPR.

We're aiming for the migration to be complete in the next few months, but I don't have a more precise timeline to give. I promise it's coming, however!

• DexterquintoDexterquinto Member Posts: 2

Hello Waveapps team,

Before I found out of these new Waveapps features, I was considering switching to Quickbooks online but then I found out on Youtube about the new interface and features that new users have. The cashflow reporting and new transaction views look like exactly what I was looking for. Wow, the features would totally make things easier for some bookkeeping tasks for income tax work that I am behind in. I am an existing free user of Wave for many years so I don't feel entitled to having these new features right away until you are ready for existing free users to migrate over to it seamlessly. However, is there any way that we can expedite the process or work around it? For instance, would we need to turn off some major migration breaking features such as bank integrations and online payments? I'm only guessing as to what migration breaking functions would be. Or would we need to re-setup anything like templates and recurring invoices, etc. I'm willing to do some work for it just to have these new features.

Anyways, I'm taking a shot in the dark to ask about it. I am almost tempted to start a new account for everything in 2019 moving forward.

Looking forward to any response on this.

Thanks,
    Dexter

• GraceMGraceM Administrator Posts: 8 admin

Hi @Dexterquinto,

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort in such a detailed comment. So fantastic to hear that the new app features and interface are exactly what you're looking!! :smile: You ask some excellent questions about what you can do in the interim. Right now, we're looking at 2 - 4 weeks for the remaining customers like yourself to be migrated onto the new experience. You don't have to do anything at all to prep for that. You'll get an email in that time period to notify you when you've been updated and all you'll need to do is log on to see YOUR info in the new interface. Whether you're using only our free products or have turned on any paid services you'll get the full, powerful functionality of the app!!!!! We believe that it's really important for business owners like yourself to have powerful software at your fingertips. No need to do any work for it just to have these new features!

Hope this answers your question(s) and here's to many more years of running a successful business for you! :smile:

• ZahirZahir Member Posts: 4
    Hi Grace,
    That would be awesome! So the wait is finally over. Looking forward to your release.
  • DexterquintoDexterquinto Member Posts: 2

Thank you so much @GraceM :)

That is fantastic news!!! I am looking forward to seeing it. - Cheers