How to remove a product that I don't sell anymore?

MehranMehran Member Posts: 4

Hi,

In the list of my products, I have items that I don't sell any more but since I have old invoices in which I have sold the mentioned items, I cannot delete the products. I'm talking about like 30 items that each time I want to add a new line to my invoice, I have scroll before I can get to the one product I am looking for. Does anyone know if there's a way to "hide" old products so they won't get in my way when creating an invoice?

Regards,
Mehran

Tagged:

Comments

• MikewaveMikewave Member Posts: 3

I too require this feature, I do not want to lose the item from already paid invoices to delete the item. It would be good if the item could be moved to a 'Decommissioned Stock' folder. Can this be implemented?

• SamdSamd Administrator Posts: 346 admin

Hey @Mehran and @Mikewave, I can see why the lack of this feature can be really frustrating. I'm going to pass along this feedback now to our Product Team for consideration!

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭

@Samd said:
    Hey @Mehran and @Mikewave, I can see why the lack of this feature can be really frustrating. I'm going to pass along this feedback now to our Product Team for consideration!

Its better to give a button with the name Hide in "Product and Services" so that it will not be displayed in item selection in Invoice.

As per me deletion of any master is not recommended

• JesgilJesgil Member Posts: 1
    Are you looking for a delete item feature? I require the same and cannot figure out how to do it
  • MikewaveMikewave Member Posts: 3

@Samd Thanks very much seems this is becoming more requested. Even a Hide function as @UHRP3 suggested. Something so it doesn't turn up in the product list anymore as a service / product. Thanks mate.

• MehranMehran Member Posts: 4

Personally, I believe the best approach to implement this is to have one radio button per item that you can flip to hide the item from showing to be added in an invoice or flip it back to show it again. I'm a software engineer myself and I know this is the easiest way to implement this (I'm not claiming it's the best - that needs requirement analysis which I don't have).

edited December 10, 2018