Upload a bank or credit card statement in .csv format

12346»

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Administrator Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Estela ! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your CSV files here. To best assist with this, it would be helpful to have the file - but I would not recommend uploading the file into this public forum. If you would like to continue investigating these file issues, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to our Support team, where a dedicated agent can test your file & discover any outstanding issues with you!

Hey @Patty_1 , thanks for getting back! Our CSV uploader used to support imports with the dd/mm/yyyy format, but this has changed. Our uploader now only supports mm/dd/yyyy formatting. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This Help Centre article goes over the updated supported date formatting, as well. So, the files would need to be edited to fit that format in order to upload from CSV.

• DSCHOI0408_cnsDSCHOI0408_cns Member Posts: 3

Hi there!
    I have done "connected accounts" but I don't know if my company account was set up well in the Wave systems or not.
    And also I refunded two credit card payments to my customers and connected one credit card payment to my company bank account and waiting for the settlement. FYI, my company bank was not listed in your system so I uploaded my bank statement accordingly. Now I would like to get your feedback for the above requirements ASAP.

• BarsinBarsin Administrator Posts: 1,811 admin

Hey @DSCHOI0408_cns

If you're accepting payments you should be able to see (or change) your payout account under Settings (bottom left) > Payouts. This will tell you which account your refunds came from to return the funds back to your client's credit cards. The connected accounts page is where your transactions import into your transactions page. It is hard whether your connected was set up properly but I'd check your transactions and see if they're importing into your transactions page.

Also a credit card refund can take 3-5 business days to show up on your customers statements, and 7-10 for ACH bank refunds.

• FCMEYERIIIFCMEYERIII Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Each attempt at uploading my bank import file fails with error "Oops something isn't right ... Please correct what's highlighted below ... The CSV file must contain an amount, date and description column. Learn more."
    1. The CSV file is in CSV UTF-8 format
    2. The CSV file contains only a date, description, credit, and debit columns - with any other columns removed;
    3. The date column is in yyyy-mm-dd
    4. The description column is only text
    5. The credit and debit columns each only contains positive values xx000.00 values, without currency denominated.
    Yet, the above error message persists.
    Your assistance is appreciated.
    Frederik III

• Nancy220Nancy220 Member Posts: 1

I did exactly what is written, but only 6 lines out of 30 are imported from the excel file.
    How do enable wave to pick up the remaining information from the statement?

• wbanzwbanz Member Posts: 3

I have been uploading CSV bank transactions for some time. now I get a message saying 'your transactions are being imported from your bank statement. Please check back in a few minutes'.
    This message never goes asway and the statemnent transactions are not uploaded.

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,946 admin

Hey @FCMEYERIII , how many entries are you trying to upload at once? If this isn't working for you, I'd suggest trying Wave Connect (https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-) which will validate your data before attempting the upload. I find it a lot easier to use than uploading a .csv file.

Hi @Nancy220 , I'm afraid I don't know what caused it to upload this way and there's nothing I can suggest you do differently next time. To fix this, I'd recommend you upload the other 24 lines without the 6 that did upload listed.

@wbanz How long was this message displayed for and how many line items do you have listed on your .csv file?

• petapeta Member Posts: 2

I cannot save my bank statement as a csv file. The only option is Adobe pdf. I have saved and uploaded bank statements before and entered the data in Wave and it has always worked. i cannot work out what I am doing wrong. There are no other file options.Peta