Welcome to 160 new Wavers for the week of October 29! πŸŽƒ

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

Happy Monday, everyone!

A warm welcome to 160 new Wavers this morning! Thanks for joining us -- can't wait to get to know you.

@JonasB, @indomascot, @robertcatone, @Jessica_Louise88, @natmanj, @AJTaco, @Acguys, @Asif, @Elen33, @RobertRex, @otto, @allenfirth, @sjmvdheijden1970, @DS_1, @Bernard_78, @tjk, @robertgateshead, @nsochurek, @LuckyMM, @Colleen_LionHeart, @chantel, @Moltov, @tzan, @boy3696, @Km101, @BBR, @CampbellCroll, @silverknight_2010, @mikejones, @Herfantz, @TGW, @Dedric, @DrJoelKline, @H2_Group, @BenG, @FyreRayne, @Bavis, @DANIE, @Thaddeus, @TheWozCo, @simonsamoset, @RandyStephens, @Boharin, @talnyc, @PaulK, @EastLiveOnline, @cfnz, @Barney1, @Simontitley, @maryusabest, @Thaipissed, @JAB, @paokane1, @Marcy, @Abivelj, @eepsmedia, @BHCNR, @pcstation, @Tanja, @success_anil, @Mistermasterwow, @smartlife, @McLarenMCL33, @shahnurarefin, @Lohith, @theresa_muller123, @bob_hatcher, @MaryPDX, @AC1, @czyadgrl, @mjraider13, @VickyDubois, @Kautosolutions, @Tycuda, @Gotlight, @bratsche1127, @Momtwoxs, @valentin, @Zoe_caff1, @epicnorth, @FiestaMedals, @Levy, @Cindel29_30, @SunBpo, @Optglo, @Mbh, @Elishamah, @Mcpharnett, @jamfarm, @incredihome, @adhillon, @joelg, @jemcd56, @SteveCavachon, @randc, @rocketman, @jarred, @StackpoleEnterprise, @AngelArts, @derrick123, @Evanscott99, @RalpParagili0315, @RustyTaxNC, @WinningAgape, @Industrus1, @WernerWessels, @sfindlay, @martinbluelagoon, @VichayaC, @velvetinkmedia, @Philippa_waveapps, @laruche, @JRsRecovery, @Samd, @Psimpson, @sodarktheshadows, @LyRich_co1, @Kesamo, @Omar, @Gavin_1, @kingsdecor, @MCRIX, @witsend, @bjristow, @cazzi24, @C2Accounting, @Hannah, @peterdonahue, @hongmei, @rochbu, @Mark1515, @ruehlerobert, @eva123, @Jjr54, @Filip, @leon, @Sarah_RubidgeW1, @SueH, @ChickweedArts, @Yohan, @akumar, @WBJDesigns, @Bonnie_67, @GaryWhoCares, @tlkitout, @Donnam, @clancularius, @Elderberry_LLC, @HawkinsWoodshop, @helpme, @Schmeeva, @graeort, @ChatterboxMedia, @evie, @Justin_O, @Caro, @pmbgardenservices_1, @OceanCapitalC, @LuxonF

Let’s break the ice! How did you get into your field? 

I'm Charlotte, your Community Manager. We'd love for you to share any Wave questions or comments with the Community, but if you have any concerns about using the forum or something you find here, you can always message me directly. If you've posted a question that needs support from Wave and you haven't yet responded, I or another member of our team will be with you as soon as we can.

Please feel free to include an introduction in your post below. :)

For anyone who is still wondering what goes where:

If you're a new Wave Pro or you're looking for an accountant or bookkeeper, this is the section for you.

If you are experiencing technical issues or you have a question about how to use Wave you can visit this category.

This is the place to be! if you'd like to talk feedback and suggestions. We're always interested in hearing more about what problems you need to solve, and how we can help you do that.

Comments

• shahnurarefinshahnurarefin Member Posts: 3

Hello Charlotte,

I am from Bangladesh. I am using waveapp for last 2 months. And it's awesome. Within this time, I have entered a healthy number of transaction. However, the mistake I did is ; I didn't entered any beginning balance. As a result, my balance sheet became off balanced :P .

But in reality, I have different amount in those accounts which is as follows

Cash on hand: 14550
    Bkash : 18419
    Account Receivable: 24624

Please let me know how can I adjust or balance my accounts.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin

@shahnurarefin -- how's it going? I feel that your best bet is to add a starting balance transaction into your Wave account so that the amounts displaying on your balance sheet/reports pages are in-fact correct. With that being said, this help centre article should put you in the right direction to make sure that your balances are accurate in Wave: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622796

• Ashley_LangstonAshley_Langston Member Posts: 1

Hello Charlotte,

My Name is Ashley Langston and I am new to wave and still figuring things out. I working on Invoices. I would like to send invoices for 30% of the total of the order as their deposit. All I see is how to request the full payment. They will pay the deposit and then the rest once complete. What is the best way to go about doing this.

• SamdSamd Administrator Posts: 560 admin

Hey @Ashley_Langston,

Great question! We're currently working on updating invoices so that charging and accepting deposits gets a lot easier. At the moment, the best option would be to generate two invoices - one for the 30% deposit (which you will need to calculate the value of), and a second for the remainder.

You could also do this all in one invoice, but there are a couple of limitations for this method. The first would be that when the customer receives their invoice, selecting pay will default to the full value. This is editable on their end, so to make what they needed to pay clearer you would need to include the deposit as a separate line item. The 2nd potential issue is that you can only have one due date on an invoice. So, once they've paid the down payment, this invoice will show as overdue unless you set the due date to when everything needs to be paid up.

I hope this helps!