Unable to sync in Wave Receipts App

ThaipissedThaipissed Member Posts: 2
It appears that I have receipts sitting in the Processing column dated back to the end of August 2018 and when I click on one it says “Unable to sync, tap to retry” . Two receipts say ‘Processing’ in orange. The rest are ‘Queued’. They don’t appear to be going to the Ready column where I have receipts dating back to January 2018. I have entered the details for payment and category on some of them and have pressed Save and also Post to Accounting and I get the message “Failed to convert receipt to a transaction. Please try again later”. Also the Unable to Sync message comes up. I am connected to wifi. Why is this happening?

Comments

• TylerKTylerK Administrator Posts: 105 admin

Hey @Thaipissed - that certainly sounds frustrating. In cases like this a good first step would be to delete and re-install the app. It sounds like it's an issue with pulling the data correctly and therefore syncing it. Deleting and re-installing the app will also force you to sign out and sign back in in addition to ensuring you have the most recent version installed.

• ThaipissedThaipissed Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Tyler. I have signed out and back in again which has appeared to have fixed the glitch. The receipts I had uploaded since August have disappeared so I will just need to re upload them all.
  • ian_doug05ian_doug05 Member Posts: 2

Hi

I am also having this problem using a Hauwei P30 Lite.

When I try to post to accounting i get Error "Failed to upload changes to the server. Please try again later"

When I try to send them for processing I get "Unable to sync, tap to retry" followed by could not upload your receipt. Tap "retry" to upload Receipt.

I have logged out and logged back in and deleted the app and reinstalled it but to no avail. Been loving the app up until now but this is a real headache.

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,118 admin

Hi @ian_doug05 . Can you log into your Wave account and confirm that these receipts aren't actually posting to Accounting under Accounting > Transactions? Just want to confirm that this isn't an error with the message that you're receiving.

• ian_doug05ian_doug05 Member Posts: 2

Hi Alex

They have made it to my transactions but that would likely be because I just done them again via the laptop instead of the App. The receipts that are on my phone are saying that they are still waiting review but I have reviewed them on the account through my laptop.

@ian_doug05 . Can you try uploading a receipt to the app, and if you get the same error message, can you absolutely confirm that they did not in fact end up reaching your accounting? I want to be 100% sure that using the mobile app won't allow you to post the transactions.

• Bel_SpencerBel_Spencer Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem

Hey @Bel_Spencer . Can you try the following steps.

Log out and log back into the online platform.
    Log out and log back into the app.
    Completely delete and the app and re-download it.

Let me know if this works for you!