Sending Invoices to multiple emails

13»

Comments

• mlledwyermlledwyer Member Posts: 2

I am adding another +1 for this functionality. If we could just have a secondary email address added to the recurring invoices that would be awesome. Like all the others, I have a client that has requested invoices be sent to 2 email addresses.

• WPBNSWPBNS Member Posts: 2

I need this as well. Some of my clients have multiple people who need to receive their invoices and having to manually enter them is difficult and prohibits me from automatically sending out invoices (when this situation occurs). Can WaveApps add this ability .. soon? Thanks, Gary Gordon

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 557 admin

@mlledwyer @WPBNS Although not ideal (as it seems most users in this thread would prefer to have the Customers section have multiple email address) - you can simply add multiple email recipients to the recurring invoice that's sent out to your client (and the emails should stick as well)

However, for individual invoices not on the recurring schedule -- those will need to be entered manually. (EDIT)

edited March 14, 2019
  • mlledwyermlledwyer Member Posts: 2

@JamieD Thank you Jamie, I am curious about your use of the word "should" here :D Seriously though, this is a huge help, thank you. I just updated my recurring invoice and added the second email address, here's hoping it does stick ;)

Your reply is much appreciated, have a fantastic day.

• WPBNSWPBNS Member Posts: 2

JamieD, when you say "those will need to be edited manually" can you explain? I'm confused as to what "edited manually" exactly means. Can you just explain? Thanks.

• kitfmkitfm Member Posts: 1

+1 this is essential for me. I'm a video editor / motion graphics designer and 99% of the time I'm sending to both the creative lead and the billing department.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Administrator Posts: 389 admin

@WPBNS I think what Jamie's saying is that you'd need to (manually) add the extra email addresses each time you send a good ol' fashioned, one-off invoice.

Meanwhile, if you have a recurring invoice where you add the second email address from the very beginning (such as in Jamie's example above), the recurring invoice will remember both email addresses in the future so you only need to add it once, and then it's more automatic.

@kitfm, thanks for taking the time to add your +1 to this discussion!

• dpkonofadpkonofa Member Posts: 2

+1 for me as well! :)

• qcmqcm Member Posts: 1

+1 preeeeetttty pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssse!!!! :p

• AllyweeAllywee Member Posts: 1

Yes, please try to incorporate this feature. to create a customer with more than one email.

sometimes, the owner wants me to send all invoices to his official work email, and also to his personal gmail/yahoo etc just because their work mail may not be so reliable, or they are used to using personal email to do certain work functions.

sometimes i need to send a copy to shop manager and one to their finance department. I might not know the finance person and its a headache to remember to add it in manually for many of my customers. the manager or backend executive might change and its a pain to remember which email to add in. i sometimes struggle to remember the person at the shop, much less the person that sits in the office that i dont have any contact with

13»