so i put in the wrong unemployment tax rate in payroll by a factor of 100... and i cant figure out how to update it. I reached out to wave support and other than an email acknowledging the request, i have heard nothing. can anyone here help me?
It looks like an agent has been in touch since you've reached out, @happybill, but I thought I'd throw in the steps here too
What you're going to want to do is edit your unemployment rate by heading to Settings > Tax Profile. If you have already ran a payroll with this rate, you will want to delete it provided it meets the following criteria:
1. The Payroll must be the most recently run out of your payrolls
2. The Payroll must not have any direct deposit withdrawals associated with it.
3. The Payroll must not have any associated Tax Liabilities marked as PAID
4. The Payroll must not have any tax filings associated with it.
To delete a payroll:
1. Navigate to Payroll home
2. Click on the "Approved Payrolls" button
3. Select the most recent payroll from the list
4. When viewing this payroll, you should see a Delete button
Now, once this is deleted, you should be able to run and approve these payrolls going forward with the amended tax rate!