The NEW UI looks good but need some enhancements for [Bill] section
For my own small business, I manage my Bills freqently. With the new UI update, the website looks fresher but I have discovered some areas that might need a bit more tweak and improvements. First of all, I am accessing WAVE site on my Windows 10 machine via Google Chrome browser (1080p screen). I manage my transactions/bills/invoices 99% of time on desktop or laptop. Let's me show you what I meant here.
For example, the Bill Edit page:
This page has a general white space unused on both side. Only the central container area is used for editing a bill.
- I am not running any crazy number here, but the Amount column cannot fit a 2-decimal number for over $1000. The value of this column gets pushed to the next line which looks very ugly.
- The Quantity column has a large textbox but I feel that is just a waste. The word "Quantity" could be shortened down to "Qty".
- The Price column is relatively smaller comparing to Quantity. I need a wider textbox for Price not for Quantity.
I think the page does not have to limit its container just for the central area. The screen is 1080p and it is a common resolution for most of our office/home monitors now. I just feel the white space on both sides are totally wasted, while the central container is too crowed.
The next example is the Bill list page:
Similiar problem, both sides are unused whiste space, why can't we use them? The central area is still the workspace with uncomfortable width.
- Check Number column, the value gets pushed to next line.
- Payment Status looks ok but feel such header takes too much space. A single word Status shall be good enough. The value of this column is already telling me "Paid" or "Unpaid". We don't need extra space for this column at all.
- Actions column again takes too much space. Using icons would be more efficient than having a link "Add a payment" following by another menu icon.
In summary, I wish the page layoud could be more efficient and practical for the end users. Limitting the workspace just around the central area feel so narrowed and uncomfortable. This is just Bills section. If you check other section like Receipt, you will be surprized that that is actually much better in terms of the layout UX feeling.