Default payment account

naggsnaggs Member Posts: 1

Whenever I enter payments and transactions, the default "Payment Account" is the cash on hand account, which I very rarely use, so I have to manually select my bank account every time (and sometimes forget to do, which causes confusion and later editing).

Is there a way to change the default "Payment account" selection to a bank account?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @naggs,

For the time being, the payment accounts are ordered by account type, and then alphabetically. The first account on the list is always going to be the first account to come in alphabetical order that is under the "Bank and Cash" account type. It isn't quite what you're looking for, but you could get around this by renaming your bank account to something that starts with A or B, from your Chart of Accounts. This will make your bank account come up before "Cash on hand" in the list, which will make it the default option.

With that said, it is very much a workaround and I can see how having a default account you can set yourself, or even a series of "Favourite accounts" could be useful. I'll pass your feedback along. Thank you for taking the time to share.