Welcome to 141 new Wavers for the week of September 10th 2018!

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

Happy Monday, everyone! We had our first chilly weekend here in Toronto. It's soup weather, and I couldn't be happier.

Welcome to 141 new Wavers this week! We’re so excited to be working with you and we can’t wait to learn more about you and your business.

@Andrew_Sharpe, @fernsruben, @Tony, @Ian810103, @HalioSchool, @rtisdale, @Oluwole, @nilan, @MelanieS, @PhilGwynne, @alexscha, @DKC, @silviup, @plaga_lujan12, @Hilly, @RandySMD, @Waqar_Hussain, @lecir, @WellinHand, @NatashaLea, @Taz, @kerry, @JohnCherian1988, @TerenceTobin, @Russellwar, @anniega, @islandeffect758, @Nic0. @FabiCunha, @Snazzy, @mcdougallcn, @KHRifat, @Escobar, @Davamobi, @invisipics, @Acall22, @ValknutMechTech1, @laroslav, @Jessedavidamos, @BuilderJeff, @Kaitlyn04G, @youritresults, @yourholisticva, @Darwin, @pivy, @AprikSuk, @Rob2, @Markie, @Tash, @barbarafeltman, @kristinnitsirk, @dncerteach, @derekennard, @rodfsg, @SFSC_Physio, @Lynne, @MkMarketing, @Irving0, @Love, @WilburnO24, @BetoKBC, @artshippinginc, @ubaidullah, @Clay, @petecarvell, @WJP, @BenjiP, @LaranjaHoldings, @ST_MJZ, @hussinyusof, @rrcrafts, @analuciacano, @kanique, @Kopup, @krogers, @bonehead1491, @Oren, @AstuteZubbie, @comfort, @WR_Ken, @ewebb, @Ranee, @goto10, @EmmettRyla, @smlsolutions, @angel20th, @JoeB, @mfda, @Perky2512, @newkid, @cygnus8929, @PhillyTaxGuy1, @RBStheCPA, @Thure, @MichaelLyons, @JHINER, @nikebills, @5THINGS, @MarcusSylv, @hanimourra, @trjames, @Sersi, @Tiana_Robbins31, @pinkowl, @TinCan, @Jeanne, @TremiDkhar, @HG1_, @AnthonyMA, @Afedan, @mlo, @protagonist, @seat2d, @WHEPlumbing, @kaditroi, @Eddy, @Ta121, @powerhouse, @FamLeeLife, @MATS, @happydaylk3e, @howie_215, @Clarity_Morgan, @NobleSA, @AJATL, @SolutionsVCFO, @westsideflowers, @bryant4210, @adamaviskyh, @harley, @mclune, @JulietFras, @w2cwindowcleaning, @Lily3678, @Gordo, @WhiteRock, @prof, @Marrmarr, @VitalParticipant

If you’re up for it, please post an introduction below. If you’ve joined our Community before this week, feel free to jump in with your intro as well. :)

If you're a new Wave Pro, you can find a guide on how to get the most out of our forum here. If you’re looking for an accountant or bookkeeper, check out the Accounting & Bookkeeping Pro Network category!

If you are experiencing technical issues or you have a question about how to use Wave please post in this category.

Join us here for a discussion of future features. We invite you to share any feedback.

We'll kick off again (as ever) with an icebreaker question:

Does the way you work change with the seasons? Your commute, the frequency of your remote work, etc.?

Comments

• JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 4

Hi, I've been using Wave for about two years and find it really helpful. I work for myself and I'm a graphic designer. Thanks for creating a useful programme!

• kateesmalleykateesmalley Member Posts: 2

Hi Charlotte! Just came from your webinar over with CMX and wanted to say thanks, and this seemed like the place to do it :). I do some marketing/community building work so I really liked hearing how you've thought through building this platform. I love the topics you're digging into in the Growing my Business section like when you knew it was time to work for yourself, who your mentors are... the juicy stuff. So good :)

• hussinyusofhussinyusof Member Posts: 4

Hello Everybody,

I am a company secretary based in Malaysia and currently use wave for my own accounting. I do my own accounting. Thank You.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Welcome to our new Community members! I'm so glad to see you all join us on this here corner of the internet!

Does the way you work change with the seasons? Your commute, the frequency of your remote work, etc.?

It really doesn't. I grew up in much colder weather than anything Toronto can throw at me. I'll dress a touch warmer, but otherwise, seasons don't really have an impact on my routine.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

@kateesmalley thank you so much for attending! :D We're doing a lot of thinking about how we're going to iterate on these in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

If you don't mind, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you do! What brought you to CMX?

• kateesmalleykateesmalley Member Posts: 2

That's awesome @Charlotte. I recently joined a startup as a community manager, and one of the founders had been following David and suggested I check out CMX. Which is how I learned about the webinar!

I've done a whack of freelance/contract work in the past that's centered around helping creatives and other small business owners with their marketing, biz strategy, and finances. Anything to make the biz side of running a small business easier :)

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

I love that @kateesmalley ! I'm a huge fan of CMX so it was a real joy to get to talk with them. It's a great resource, for sure. Are you planning to attend their summit?

It sounds like you do really rewarding work! One of my goals as we move forward is to figure out how we can provide resources for or facilitate discussion around other (not specific to accounting/finance management) needs for this community of entrepreneurs. I'm very excited about some things I'm hoping our team will be able to introduce into this space in the next little while. Really lovely to chat! :)