Can I add multiple email address in Customer Account?

PyayTheinPyayThein Member Posts: 5

I don't know how to add multiple email in customer's account. Space or ";" or "," or how? Please answer me something.

Comments

• James_HudsonJames_Hudson Administrator Posts: 107 admin

Hey Pyay,

It's only possible to add one email address to a customer profile, but you can send invoices to multiple email addresses by clicking on the green "+" sign to the right of your customer's email in the "Send Invoice" window.

• PyayTheinPyayThein Member Posts: 5

OK I understand now. Thanks James Hudson.

• seanvoseanvo Member Posts: 4

Another vote for the ability to have multiple email address. I have a number of clients that need me to send the invoice to 2 or 3 (one even has FOUR!) different people for it to be approved and move through the process.

For my needs, very important that I can have multiple send to addresses on recurring invoices.

Thanks for a great product. I'm considering moving over from Freshbooks and am learning all that Wave will do.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @seanvo.

Thank you for your interest and for adding your voice to this discussion! While it is possible to add extra recipients for invoices, you can't currently automate it. There has been a lot of discussion on the matter and more input from users (and potential users) count for a lot.

If you have any questions about Wave, feel free to start a new thread. Tag my name on there and I'll be more than happy to chat!

• lizzylizzylileslizzylizzyliles Member Posts: 1

I couldn't agree more to the need for having multiple email addresses available in customer profiles. This a significant disadvantage toward your recurring invoice feature (you can't automate your recurring invoices if you have to manually add email addresses every time). And I would like to see each recipients email address listed in each email/invoice message so co-workers know who received the same invoice. It would prevent questions from customers asking me to forward to people I already included in the original distribution.

Hi, @lizzylizzyliles.

Thank you for your feedback. That's an excellent point about recurring invoices, thank you for bringing it up. I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that we know how valuable this feature would be to Wavers and we are listening.

• DoKuhDoKuh Member Posts: 1

I just started migrating from quickbooks, and I encountered this limitation right from the start. I want to make wave work to save money, but not a good first impression.

Hi, @DoKuh.

Thank you for your feedback. Is this something you require for a lot of your clients? It is possible to send invoices to multiple recipients, but you can't save multiple email addresses under a single customer account. I recognize it isn't ideal and that it can be time-consuming to enter secondary addresses by hand when your client requires it.

This has been suggested often, and while I can't make promises, I can tell you that feedback from Wavers has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave.

• chrisbarton455chrisbarton455 Member Posts: 1

this would help me to have more than 1 email address in the customer account. I have to cc other people as well

• BlaineVBlaineV Member Posts: 1

This is definitely a need, I have many customers, 15+ that require emails for invoices to be sent to multiple people, doing it manually is a pain

Thank you, @chrisbarton455 and @BlaineV, for adding your voices to this discussion!

• JLaverdure_1JLaverdure_1 Member Posts: 1

I also want to add my voice to this request. I send out invoices to companies that want the invoice sent to the project overseer as well as the accounting department. Having the ability to add another email address to the customer's account would be ideal instead of having to find the email address every time and add it manually when sending the invoice.

Thank you, @JLaverdure_1! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

• TechieSophieTechieSophie Member Posts: 3

I'm considering switching from Quickbooks to save money as well, and this feature could be a deal breaker for me. Has there been any change? Can we now have more than one email address per customer? Thanks!

• Zoe_caffZoe_caff Administrator Posts: 332 admin

Hey TechieSophie!

I am a member of the Customer Success Team at Wave! First off, thank you for getting involved in the community, we hope you agree that it is a great place for everyone to ask great questions like yours.

In regards to switching over to Wave from Quickbooks, I think that is a great idea :smile: If you need to know exactly how you can make that happen I have a really helpful Help Center Article to help you get switched over https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621366-Switching-to-Wave-from-Quickbooks-or-other-accounting-software

When sending invoices with Wave, once they are approved, you have the option in the "Send This Invoice" part to add as many email addresses as you like :smiley:

I hope that has sealed the deal and answered your question! If you have anymore, please get back to me!

• 1ClickITServices1ClickITServices Member Posts: 1

You didn't answer the question here. So I will, no its not an option as of yet to add multiple addresses to an account and its still very cumbersome sending invoices to multiple addresses for a customer. I once again had an invoice go unpaid because in the process missed sending a copy to a secondary address for one of my customers. It also makes me look less than responsive because the customer has asked multiple times to be sure I sent the invoice to multiple addresses.

While I understand the process for change has a flow to it, this change from a program side is as simple as it gets. Allowing the field to be comma or colon separated and then using each as a send to would work fine.

• JordanFromWaveJordanFromWave Administrator Posts: 230 admin

@1ClickITServices I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and a potential solution. While I cannot guarantee that this is the specific change that will occur, I'll be happy to pass this solution to our Product Team. I understand that this is not ideal, but I appreciate your patience while our team considers the most logical way to possibly execute this on both the user facing product and on the back end.

• GravisTechGravisTech Member Posts: 1

How about just allowing multiple emails with a comma?

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

• gengen Member Posts: 6

I would also love to see this implemented, please and thank you.

• VPCVPC Member Posts: 1

Another vote for a multiple email feature for customers

• virgilwasherevirgilwashere Member Posts: 9

@GravisTech said :
    How about just allowing multiple emails with a comma?

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

📣 show your support

Please 🖱️ click on the ⬆️ Vote Up or :heart: Awesome button ⏫ in @GravisTech 's post above to show your support for this :+1:

:star: Thank you, 🌊Wave. :star:

edited May 28, 2019
  • DylanDylan Member Posts: 1

+1 for this. Any progress or should we just assume feature requests as simple as this go straight to the bin?

It's been over a year since this was first opened, so if there is no progress i will start looking at other accounting solutions.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 875 admin

Hey @Dylan. We currently looking to improve the Customers section in Wave soon -- still no exact ETA however, but when we do have an idea of what the improvements are going to look like, we will be sure to let our users know. I do want to point out that we are listening.. seeing the feedback in the community goes along way when it comes to determining prioritization for specific feature releases, so it means a lot when our community members voice their opinions on features they want added.

• mphdavidsonmphdavidson Member Posts: 1

+1 for multiple client email addresses. Automated invoicing was the primary reason I got Wave, so having to manually send invoices is a significant shortcoming.

• MyronMyron Administrator Posts: 47 admin

@mphdavidson Thanks for commenting with your feedback! While you cannot save more than one email address on a customer profile, when sending out the invoices, you can send an invoice to multiple emails by clicking the plus icon next to the To field, as @James_Hudson mentioned in his post above.