Welcome to 168 new Wavers for the week of August 20th, 2018!

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 695 admin

Happy Monday, everyone!

Welcome to 168 new Wavers this week! We’re so excited to be working with you and we can’t wait to learn more about you and your business.

@DancingSamurai, @andyc, @KevinJustice, @LibbyVeneg, @jettegirl, @deska, @intonovus, @SEO_2001, @erincurtain, @MrBillsTunes, @JudeGifford, @aussie_wave, @MarkC, @Rina, @Carlo, @jinjie, @Misswooten, @ZunGoor, @frankalcinicpa, @andrezsmit, @rodenconsulting, @cjx, @mrlunt, @magnoliavirtual, @jjranch, @Leea, @torpa, @Toa, @Pablo_M, @jerryed, @HMC_2018, @Gerad, @investglobal, @Trish40_559, @Lisa_7206, @MusicBug, @Michela, @destwd, @reamokone, @FM1, @ArtisanFlower, @NadiaGEN, @Mango33, @briandunham, @jbhudetz, @Demacdave, @SiHulk, @Molly99, @Otter67, @brandascent, @JMJ, @adividya, @sih, @Kamp_Kristina2017, @colin47, @Kat, @Les_W, @BeastyShem, @effie9614, @canzhang, @Francisco_64MVD, @DoKuh, @cppmex, @Wyatt, @Wai, @Courtney, @Raymond, @kartdigital, @Marcus_1979, @ElysianAI, @plasmax, @GeorgeLautenschlager, @jimgraham, @Gregory_Caskie, @johndole, @Frostbite, @RacingThought, @WaveWill, @cellick, @umairbinhabib, @paulinness, @yooncpa, @ariana, @KLPSearch, @E2EHealth, @Birtwe11, @wallfly, @Del, @BigD, @BWI_ @LoynamCA, @Neville, @Sarahc, @LynvanRooyen, @Philjh, @JTostee, @Hazelb, @Kimberlykiara, @ConradDris. @Carol_DF, @demosthenes, @SurrealDecor16, @joymscott, @judiG, @Dtillman, @LoX, @dilas55, @dilas72, @jefazio, @CliffNIck, @NCIC_1234, @Marri, @Amanda, @Ally, @NeoKiwi, @Elangk, @Themba75, @Jvk, @edhollingsbee, @kostashania, @Angie, @Herman, @Revibalist, @dee_gs, @Von, @chadbecks, @nico, @arashd23, @splats, @Sk8rAdmin, @Feleni, @bodeman5, @Alicia, @classic, @peterman, @Shivalaya, @RRTS, @csanter, @limbot, @Eliss, @Canody, @Arnold, @panchodeangelica, @PQE, @mitramejia, @TrishaBuchmann, @tom8384, @JasonWilson1970, @mniyaz, @HeartlandTags, @demarie26, @alexgarciab, @SurfingTaxes69, @DaveWave, @obscuremagpie, @jintana, @SarahSierra, @ircwebservices, @nazarulnn, @kjbrowning, @Gerald, @sommet_123, @blackbaron, @stegzee, @sdavisnz, @roxis2clvr, @Alain, @Debiprasad

If you’re up for it, please post an introduction below. If you’ve joined our Community before this week, feel free to jump in with your intro as well. :)

If you're a new Wave Pro, you can find a guide on how to get the most out of our forum here. If you’re looking for an accountant or bookkeeper, check out the Accounting & Bookkeeping Pro Network category!

If you are experiencing technical issues or you have a question about how to use Wave please post in this category.

Join us here for a discussion of future features and brainstorming.

We'll kick off again (as ever) with an icebreaker question:

Have you always wanted to work in your field? If not, where else did you think you might be?

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Introductions

Comments

• Kamp_Kristina2017Kamp_Kristina2017 Member Posts: 1

Yes, I have always wanted to work with animals, until recently I thought it was a dream not a career. I actually went to school and worked in accounting. This is the software I researched, that was most user friendly, and still allows one to have access to the chart of accounts, to insure items are hitting the ledger in the desired way! I am still learning the software, but so far it is great!

• LynvanRooyenLynvanRooyen Member Posts: 3

Hi there,
    After 15 years as programme manager and later executive director of an NPO, I recently started an independent consultancy equipping organisations and individuals to be more effective - addressing HIV, gender, gender-based violence and health, NPO governance and management, policy and manual development; facilitating processes and organising events. I am passionate about social justice. I find Wafe really helpful and continue to learn and explore

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Welcome to both of you, @Kamp_Kristina2017 and @LynvanRooyen. And to the other 166 new community members as well!

• DelDel Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have been using Wave for about 18 months now as my business was very small initially. It is a wonderful app and I will keep using it for a very long time!

I work as a mortgage broker in Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks
    Del

• SammyHSammyH Administrator Posts: 12 admin

@Del said:
    Hi,
    I have been using Wave for about 18 months now as my business was very small initially. It is a wonderful app and I will keep using it for a very long time!

I work as a mortgage broker in Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks
    Del

Love hearing this! Glad you're enjoying it, and that it's been helpful for you :smiley:

• Ellie_Writes_ThingsEllie_Writes_Things Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

Not new or anything, just thought I'd drop by and say hello!

As you can guess from the username, I'm a freelance writer. I was always confident that I'd be writing for a living, one day. Doing it freelance, well, that's just how I was raised. As the daughter of a consultant and a contractor, the idea of working for someone else after graduating never really crossed my mind.

• OluwoleOluwole Member Posts: 2

Hi. I am a new user of the app.
    I have a lot of question going forward especially relating to treating prepayments for jib not yet invoiced.
    I work for a travel agency, which is service oriented.
    As the bookkeeper, how do i treat a payment made for a service not yet rendered from last month.
    thanks

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Hi, @Oluwole, welcome to Wave!

You'll have to create a pre-payment liability account on your Chart of Accounts. When you receive that payment, categorize it to that account. When you create the invoice and record the payment date, use that pre-payment account as the "payment account", instead of your bank account.

This will bring back the prepayment account to $0 and record your invoice as paid.