Australia GST

RomalokaRomaloka Member Posts: 1

Is there anyway to have the functionality of gst included in transactions? Expenses and Income? I have not been able to add the gst component through the sales tax feature. Do I need to subscribe to enable that feature? Thank you....

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @Romaloka.

You would have to add the GST as a sales tax and then add it to transactions that are affected by GST as well. Can you tell me a bit more about the issue you're running into?

Note that the price of your items on invoices will always be before taxes. Taxes will be added on top of that amount on the invoice. It isn't currently possible to calculate taxes backwards from the total of a line item on an invoice.

• peter_lawbrokerspeter_lawbrokers Member Posts: 1

How do I add GST to an expense? I have added the GST, GST Free and N-T codes and they only works on invoices not expenses? Please help asap

• JordanDJordanD Administrator, Moderator Posts: 338 admin

Hey @peter_lawbrokers and welcome to the Wave Community Forum!

If you are looking to add a Sales Tax to an expense, you can do so straight from the transactions page. In the Transaction Detail panel that opens to the right of the transaction when you select it, you should have the option to add a Sales Tax to it.