Phishing Waveapps Emails ?

UniesUnies Member Posts: 1

Been receiving waveapps emails asking to login to keep using the service even though I've been using it monthly. The links redirects to http://email03.waveapps.io/c/ and my AV blocked it as suspicious site: This web site has been reported as suspicious. We recommend that you do not visit this web site.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Hi, @Unies.

Following Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), Wave only has permission to send automated emails for a certain period if your account is inactive. The whole legislation is a little more complicated than that and has other points, but this is why we send out emails to inactive accounts after a certain time.

If this is the email I believe it is (you can send me a screenshot of it via private message to confirm), this just means that your account was inactive for a little too long. I did a bit of digging and noticed that there were two accounts using the name of your business. Was that email sent to a different email than the one attached to your main Wave account? It's fairly common that Wave users create a secondary account by accident while trying to log in with the wrong email address.

Let me know if that clears things up.

• volkswagnervolkswagner Member Posts: 8

I would like to report abuse.
    I'm concerned because one of my customers received a bogus fishing invoice
    from a different waveapps user. I'm concerned there may be a breach in WaveApps security. I'm not sure it's just a coincidence that the sender of the fishing email got my clients email a different source.

• AlexLAlexL Administrator Posts: 1,533 admin

Hi @volkswagner . I do want to ensure you that we take security very seriously at Wave. I see that you've been in touch with our support agent through ticket which I'm happy to hear. If you have any further questions, please reach out to the agent directly as they should be able to help.