"Invoice Payment" category can't be changed, what to do to match up with other sales

steve99steve99 Member Posts: 5

When take a payment from a Wave invoice the category is "Invoice Payment". But I want to change it to "Sales" to match up with the rest, it's not possible to change the category and "Invoice Payment" is not an options in the pull down for others.

I want all my revenue/sales to be under one category. Suggestions?

Comments

• BryceproomeBryceproome Member Posts: 1

I have exactly the same problem.

Please help?

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Hi, @steve99 and @Bryceproome.

The category that it will show under in your reports is linked to the products on your invoice. The default category for those items is Sales, so if you haven't changed it, it's where they'll end up regardless of what appears on the Transactions page.

It shows "Invoice Payments" because you can set products to use different accounts on the same invoice. If you do, that transaction will be split into different accounts on your reports.

I hope this helps!

• oneleafoneleaf Member Posts: 2

I have a similar problem. I created several invoices with products that defaulted to 'Bank Interest'. On the Account Balances Report, I see a lot of income for Bank Interest. So I changed the category for the products to 'Vacation Rental Income' (which is what I want), but the Account Balances Report still shows the same income amount under Bank Interest. I've logged out, refreshed, waited a day for things to change, but the report hasn't updated to reflect the changes. Advice?

edited July 14, 2018
  • oneleafoneleaf Member Posts: 2

Okay, I think I might know the answer. I went to edit one of the invoices, and as I hovered over each product, a little bubble popped up to let me know that I can change the category for each product, but the change will not apply to past invoices. So it seems I'll have to delete all the invoices and re-enter them again.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Hi @oneleaf.

You can just delete and re-add the items to those invoices, and then save those invoices. Changing the account for a given item on the Products and Services page does not change your invoices retroactively, so changing all of those accounts is a bit more work. You're well on the right path!

• Wavemike1944Wavemike1944 Member Posts: 7

I really wish you bring back the inward invoices ones paid and credited change instantly to payment..... and the red outstanding red invoice ones paid disappeard from the screen. It was beautifull and clear now I dont know how to credit anymore, why did you change this beautiful clear inward invoices and also you took the second button away
    It was perfect before and really easy to identify any unpaid invoice.